Fabrication of Less than 20-nm-Diameter Nanodot Arrays Using Inorganic Electron Beam Resist and Post Exposure Bake
Jun Taniguchi*, Tetsuro Manabe*, and Kiyoshi Ishikawa**
*Department of Applied Electronics, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278-8510, Japan
**Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Co., Ltd., 1590 Tabata, Samukawa, Koza, Kanagawa 253-0114, Japan
Next-generation NanoImprint Lithography (NIL) includes photolithography and high-voltage-acceleration (>50 kV) Electron-Beam Lithography (EBL) both of which are expensive, which is why Low-Acceleration-Voltage (LAV) EBL has attracted attention. We fabricated nanodot arrays with a diameter of 20 nm or less combining inorganic resist and LAV EBL. Using Post-Exposure Bake (PEB), we reduced dot-array pattern size and conducted Ultra-Violet (UV) NIL using these nanodot molds. The results we obtained using nanodot arrays 10 nm in diameter fabricated by EBL at an acceleration voltage of 4 kV with PEB yielded a checkerboard design 10 nm in diameter spaced at 20 nm intervals using 10 kV EB. This density corresponds to nanodot-arrays of 1 Tb/in2.
-  S. Hosaka, Z. Mohamed, M. Shirai, H. Sone, Y. Yin, A. Miyachi, and H. Sone, “Nano-Dot and -Pit Arrays with a Pitch of 25mm × 25 nm Fabricated by EB Drawing, RIE and Nano-Imprinting for 1Tb/in2 Strage,” Microelectron. Engn. 85, pp.774-777, 2008.
-  M. Ishida, J. Fujita, T. Ogurai, Y. Ochai, E. Ohshima, and J. Momoda, “Sub-10-nm- Scale Lithography Using p-chloromethylmethoxy- calixarene Resist,” Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 42, pp. 3913-3916, 2003.
-  S. Hosaka, T. Suzuki, M. Yamaoka, K. Katoh, F. Isshiki, M. Miyamoto, Y. Miyauchi, A. Arimoto, and T. Nishida, “XY Stages Driving an Electron Beam Mastering System for High Density Optical Recording,” Microelectron. Engn., 61-62, pp. 309-316, 2002.
-  S. Hosaka, H. Sano, M. Shirai, and H. Sone, “Possibility to Form an Ultrahigh Packed Fine Pit and Dot Arrays for Future Storage Using EB Writing,” Microelectron. Engn., 83, pp. 792-795, 2006.
-  M. Shizuno, J. Taniguchi, K. Ogino, and K. Ishikawa, “Effect of Post Exposure Bake in Inorganic Electron Beam Resist and Utilizing for Nanoimprint Mold,” J. Nanosci. Nanotech., 9, pp. 562-566, 2009.
-  K. Ogino, J. Taniguchi, S. Satake, K. Yamamoto, Y. Ishii, and K. Ishikawa, “Improving the Sensitivity and Line Edge Roughness in Inorganic Positive Electron Beam Resist,” Microelectron. Engn., 84, pp. 1071-1074, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.