Effect of Nanoparticle Lubrication in Diamond Turning of Reaction-Bonded SiC
Jiwang Yan, Zhiyu Zhang, and Tsunemoto Kuriyagawa
Department of Mechanical Systems and Designs, Tohoku University, Aoba 6-6-01, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
-  C. Hall, M. Tricard, H. Murakoshi, Y. Yamamoto, K. Kuriyama, and H. Yoko, “New mold manufacturing techniques,” Proceedings of the SPIE, 5868, 58680V, 2005.
-  H. Toshiya, I. Ichiro, and S. Junichi, “Grinding of silicon carbide with diamond wheel, Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers,” C, 51, pp. 1864-1870, 1985.
-  Y. Tam, B. Cheng, and W.Wang, “Removal rate and surface roughness in the lapping and polishing of RB-SiC optical components,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 192-193, pp. 276-280, 2007.
-  J. Yan, Z. Zhang, and T. Kuriyagawa, “Mechanism for material removal in diamond turning of reaction-bonded silicon carbide,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.49, No.5, pp. 366-374, 2009.
-  Z. Zhang, J. Yan, and T. Kuriyagawa, “Wear mechanism of diamond tools in ductile machining of reaction-bonded silicon carbide,” Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Leading Edge Manufacturing in 21st Century, pp. 425-430, 2009.
-  A. Battez, R. González, D. Felgueroso, et al., “Wear prevention behaviour of nanoparticle suspension under extreme pressure conditions,” Wear, Vol.263, Nos.7-12, pp. 1568-1574, 2007.
-  Y. Wu, C. Tsui, and T. Liu, “Experimental analysis of tribological properties of lubricating oils with nanoparticle additives,” Wear, Vol.262, Nos.7-8, pp. 819-825, 2007.
-  D. Rao and P. Krishna, “The influence of solid lubricant particle size on machining parameters in turning,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.48, No.1, pp. 107-111, 2008.
-  N. Reddy and P. Rao, “Experimental investigation to study the effect of solid lubricants on cutting forces and surface quality in end milling,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.46, No.2, pp. 189-198, 2006.
-  J. Deng, T. Cao, X. Yang, and J. Lin, “Self-lubrication of sintered ceramic tools with CaF2 additions in dry cutting,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.46, No.9, pp. 957-963, 2006.
-  J. Yan, Z. Zhang, and T. Kuriyagawa, “Tool wear control in diamond turning of high-strength mold materials by means of tool swinging,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol.59, No.1, pp. 109-112, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.