Integral Sliding Mode Control for Fast Tool Servo Diamond Turning of Micro-Structured Surfaces
De Ping Yu, Geok Soon Hong, and Yoke San Wong
Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore, 1 Engineering Drive 2, NUS, Singapore 117576, Singapore
-  S. R. Patterson and E. B. Magrab, “Design and testing of a fast tool servo for diamond turning,” Precision Engineering, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 123-128, 1985.
-  T. A. Dow, M. H. Miller, and P. J. Falter, “Application of a fast tool servo for diamond turning of nonrotationally symmetric surfaces,” Precision Engineering, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 243-250, 1991.
-  M. Weck, S. Fischer, and M. Vos “Fabrication of microcomponents using ultraprecision machine tools,” Nanotechnology, Vol.8, No.3, p. 145, 1997.
-  W. Gao, T. Araki, S. Kiyono, Y. Okazaki, and M. Yamanaka, “Precision nano-fabrication and evaluation of a large area sinusoidal grid surface for a surface encoder,” Precision Engineering, Vol.27, No.3, pp. 289-298, 2003.
-  C. Brecher, S. Lange, M. Merz, F. Niehaus, C. Wenzel, M. Winterschladen, and M. Weck, “NURBS Based Ultra-Precision Free-Form Machining,” CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, Vol.55, No.1, pp. 547-550, 2006.
-  D. Trumper and X. D. Lu, “Fast Tool Servos: Advances in Precision, Acceleration, and Bandwidth,” Towards Synthesis of Micro-/Nano-systems, pp. 11-19, 2007.
-  D. P. Yu, S. W. Gan, Y. S. Wong, M. Rahman, and G. S. Hong, “An Optimization Approach for Tool Path Generation of Microstructured Surfaces in FTS-based Diamond Turning,” The 3rd Int. Conf. of Asian Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology, Kitakyushu, Japan, 2009.
-  M. Tomizuka, “ZERO PHASE ERROR TRACKING ALGORITHMFOR DIGITAL CONTROL, ” J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Trans. ASME, Vol.109, No.1, pp. 65-68, 1987.
-  T. C. Tsao and M. Tomizuka, “Robust adaptive and repetitive digital tracking control and application to a hydraulic servo for noncircular machining,” J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Trans. ASME, Vol.116, No.1, pp. 24-32, 1994.
-  P. Witoon, “Error compensation using inverse actuator dynamics,” North Carolina State University, 2004.
-  S. W. Gan, M. Rahman, and H. S. Lim, “Development of a fine tool servo with force monitoring system for nanomachining applications,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B, Vol.27, No.3, pp. 1272-1277, 2009.
-  D. P. Yu, S. W. Gan, Y. S. Wong, M. Rahman, and G. S. Hong, “Design of a Fast tool servo based Diamond Turning Machine for Fabricating Micro-structured Surfaces,” Key Engineering Materials, Vol.443, pp. 669-674, 2010.
-  D. I. Landau and G. Zito, “Digital control systems: design, identification and implementation,” Springer-Verlag, London, 2006.
-  V. Utkin, “Variable structure systems with sliding modes,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 212-222, 1977.
-  Y. F. Li and J. Wikander, “Model reference discrete-time sliding mode control of linear motor precision servo systems,” Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.7, pp. 835-851, 2004.
-  A. Beghi, L. Nardo, and M. Stevanato, “Observer-based discretetime sliding mode throttle control for drive-by-wire operation of a racing motorcycle engine,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, Vol.14, No.4, pp. 767- 775, 2006.
-  X. C. Xi, G. S. Hong, and A. N. Poo, “Improving CNC contouring accuracy by integral sliding mode control,” Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.4, pp. 442-452, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.