A Solution for 2D Rectangular Cutting Stock Problems with 3-Stage Guillotine-Cutting Constraint
Masao Sugi*, Yusuke Shiomi**, Tsuyoshi Okubo**,
Kazuyoshi Inoue**, and Jun Ota***
*Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2-24-16 Naka-cho, Koganei-shi, Tokyo 184-8588, Japan
**NS Solutions Corporation, 27-1 Shinkawa 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0033, Japan
***The University of Tokyo, Kashiwanoha 5-1-5, Kashiwa, Chiba 277-8568, Japan
-  P. C. Gilmore and R. E. Gomory, “A Linear Programming Approach to The Cutting-Stock Problem,” Operations Research, Vol.9, No.6, pp. 849-859, 1961.
-  P. E. Sweeney and E. R. Paternoster, “Cutting and Packing Problems: A Categorized, Application-Oriented Research Bibliography,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol.43, No.7, pp. 691-706, 1992.
-  G. Wäscher, H. Haubner, and H. Schumann, “An Improved Typology of Cutting and Packing Problems,” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.183, No.3, pp. 1109-1130, 2007.
-  E. Hopper and B. H. C. Turton, “A Review of The Application of Meta-Heuristic Algorithms to 2D Strip Packing Problems,” Artificial Intelligence Review, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 257-300, 2001.
-  S. Martello, M. Monaci, and D. Vigo, “An Exact Approach to The Strip-Packing Problem,” INFORMS journal on Computing, Vol.15, pp. 310-319, 2003.
-  B. S. Baker, E. G. Coffman Jr., and R. L. Rivest, “Orthogonal Packings in Two Dimensions,” SIAM Journal on Computing, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 846-855, 1980.
-  E. K. Burke, G. Kendall, and G. Whitwell, “A New Placement Heuristic for The Orthogonal Stock-Cutting Problem,” Operations Research, Vol.52, No.4, pp. 655-671, 2004.
-  J. E. Beasley, “Algorithms for Unconstrained Two-Dimensional Guillotine Cutting,” Journal of Operational Research Society, Vol.36. No.4. pp. 297-306, 1985.
-  D. Fayard, M. Hifi, and V. Zissimopoulos, “An Efficient Approach for Large-Scale Two-Dimensional Guillotine Cutting Stock Problems,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol.49, pp. 1270-1277, 1998.
-  A. T. Rahmani and N. Ono, “An Evolutionary Approach to Two-Dimensional Guillotine Cutting Problem,” Proceedings of 1995 IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computing, Vol.1, 1995.
-  F. Vanderbeck, “A Nested Decomposition Approach to a Three-Stage, Two-Dimensional Cutting-Stock Problem,” Management Science, Vol.47 No.6, pp. 864-879, 2001.
-  J. Puchinger and G. R. Raidl, “Models and Algorithms for Three-Stage Two-Dimensional Bin Packing,” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.183, No.3, pp. 1304-1327, 2007.
-  S. Kirkpatrick, C. D. Gelatt Jr., and M. P. Vecchi, “Optimization by Simulated Annealing,” Science, New Series, Vol.220, No.4598, 1983.
-  E. G. Coffman Jr., M. R. Garey, D. S. Johnson, and R. E. Tarjan, “Performance Bounds for Level-Oriented Two-Dimensional Packing Algorithms,” SIAM Journal on Computing, Vol.9 No.4, pp. 801-826, 1980.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.