Proposal for Abrasive Layer Fabrication on Thin Wire by Electrical Discharge Machining
Department of Advanced Science and Technology, Toyota Technological Institute, 12-1, Hisakata 2-chome, Tempaku-ku, Nagoya 468-8511, Japan
-  P. S. Sreejith, G. Udupa, Y. B. M. Noor, and B. K. A. Ngoi, “Recent Advances in Machining of Silicon Wafers for Semiconductor Application,” Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol., Vol.17, No.3, pp. 157-162, 2001.
-  H. K. Toenshoff, W. Schieden, I. Inasaki, W. König, and G. Spur, “Abrasive machining of silicon, CIRP Ann.,” Vol.39, No.2, pp. 621-635, 1990.
-  M. Chandra, P. Leyvraz, J. A. Talbott, K. P. Gupta, I. Kao, and V. Prasad, “Challenges in Slicing Large Diameter Silicon Wafers Using Slurry Wiresaw,” ASME MED, Vol.8, pp. 807-811, 1998.
-  W. I. Clark, C. W. Hardin, R. L. Lemaster, A. J. Shih, and S. B. Mcspadden, “Fixed abrasive diamond wire machining. Part I. Process monitoring and wire tension force,” Int. J. Mach. ToolsManuf., Vol.43, No.5, pp. 523-532, 2003.
-  Y. Chiba, Y. Tani, T. Enomoto, and H. Sato, “Development of a High-Speed Manufacturing Method for Electroplated Diamond Wire Tools,” CIRP Ann., Vol.52, No.1, pp. 281-284, 2003,
-  T. Enomoto, Y. Shimazaki, Y. Tani, M. Suzuki, and Y. Kanda, “Development of a Resinoid Diamond Wire Containing Metal Powder for Slicing a Slicing Ingot,” CIRP Ann., Vol.48, No.1, pp. 273-276, 1999.
-  J. Sugawara, H. Hara, and A. Mizoguchi, “Development of Fixed-Abrasive-Grain Wire Saw with Less Cutting Loss,” SEI Tech. Rev., No.58, pp. 7-11, 2004.
-  W. I. Clark, A. J. Shih, C. W. Hardin, R. L. Lemaster, and S. B. McSpadden, “Fixed abrasive diamond wire machining – Part I: Process monitoring and wire tension force,” Int. J. Mach. Tool.Manuf., Vol.43, No.5, pp. 523-532, 2003.
-  C. Dreyer, K. Zacny, J. Skok, J. Steele, G. Paulsen, M. Szczesiak, M. Nakagawa, and J. Schwendeman, “Progress on the Development of a Thin Section Sample Preparation Device for Space Exploration,” Proc. of 40th Lunar and Planetary Science Conf., 2463, 2009.
-  N. Mohri, N. Saito, and Y. Tsunekawa, “Metal surface modification by electrical discharge machining with composite electrode,” Ann. CIRP, Vol.42, No.1, pp. 219-222, 1993.
-  K. Furutani and H. Sunada, “Fabrication of Abrasive Layer Using Dispersion of Hard Powder by Electrical Discharge Machining (1st Report) Dispersion of Insulating Powder into Deposit,” Int. J. Electr. Mach., Vol.9, pp. 15-20, 2004.
-  M. Kosuge, N. Mohri, H. Takezawa, and K. Furutani, “Surface Treatment of Feeding Wire and Its Application to Combined Machining,” J. Jpn. Soc. Electr. Mach. Engr., Vol.39, No.91, pp. 9-15, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  A. Okada, Y. Uno, Y. Okamoto, H. Itoh, and T. Hirano, “A New Slicing Method of Monocrystalline Silicon Ingot by Wire EDM,” Int. J. Electr. Mach., No.8, pp. 21-26, 2003.
-  National Instruments,
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.