Kinematic Analysis and Design of 3-RPSR Parallel Mechanism with Triple Revolute Joints on the Base
Yukio Takeda*, Xiao Xiao*, Kazuya Hirose**, Yoshiki Yoshida**,
and Ken Ichiryu**
*Department of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2-12-1 O-okayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
**Monozukuri Mechatro Research Laboratory, Kikuchi Seisakusho Co., Ltd., 2161-12 Miyama-cho, Hachioji-shi, Tokyo 192-0152, Japan
-  Y. L. Chi, “Systems and methods employing a rotary track for machining and manufacturing,” WIPO patent, No. WO 99/38646, 1999.
-  http://mikrolar.com/rotopod.html
-  Y. Takeda, K. Kamiyama, Y. Maki, M. Higuchi, and K. Sugimoto, “Development of position-orientation decoupled spatial in-parallel actuated mechanisms with six degrees of freedom,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 59-68, 2005.
-  M. Tanabe, Y. Takeda, and S. Huda, “Utility workspace of 3-5R translational parallel mechanism,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.2, No.6, pp. 998-1010, 2008.
-  S. Huda and Y. Takeda, “Kinematic analysis and synthesis of a 3-URU pure rotational parallel mechanism with respect to singularity and workspace,” J. of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 81-92, 2007.
-  M. Higuchi, R. Ishii, and Y. Takeda, “Development of gripping mechanism with large gripping force for a draw pipe bender which fabricates complex 3-dimensional shape pipes,” Proc. of the 2009 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2A2-A17, 2009.
-  J. Imoto, Y. Takeda, H. Saito, and K. Ichiryu, “Optimal kinematic calibration of robots based on maximum positioning-error estimation (Theory and application to a parallel-mechanism pipe bender),” Proc. of the 5th Int. Workshop on Computational Kinematics, pp. 133-140, 2009.
-  M. Tandirci, J. Angeles, and F. Ranjbaran, “Characteristic point and the characteristic length of robotic manipulators,” Proc. ASME DETC1992, DE, Vol.45, Robotics, Spatial Mechanisms, and Mechanical Systems, pp. 203-208, 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.