Operational “Feel” Adjustment by Reinforcement Learning for a Power-Assisted Positioning Task
Tetsuya Morizono*, Yoji Yamada**, and Masatake Higashi***
*Department of Information and Systems Engineering, Fukuoka Institute of Technology, 3-30-1 Wajiro-Higashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 811-0295, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
***Department of Advanced Science and Technology, Toyota Technological Institute, 2-12-1 Hisakata, Tempaku-ku, Nagoya 468-8511, Japan
-  N. Hogan, “Impedance Control: An Approach to Manipulation, Part I-III,” ASME J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol.107, pp. 1-24, 1985.
-  R. Ikeura and H. Inoue, “Variable Impedance Control of a Robot for Cooperation with a Human,” Proc. 1995 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3097-3102, 1995.
-  O. M. Al-Jarrah and Y. F. Zheng, “Arm-Manipulator Coordination for Load Sharing Using Variable Compliance Control,” Proc. 1997 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 895-900, 1997.
-  T. Tsumugiwa, R. Yokogawa, and K. Hara, “Variable Impedance Control Based on Estimation of Human Arm Stiffness for Human-Robot Cooperative Calligraphic Task,” Proc. 2002 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 644-650, 2002.
-  T. Tsuji and Y. Tanaka, “Tracking Control Properties of Human-Robotic Systems Based on Impedance Control,” IEEE T. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Part A, Vol.35, No.4, pp. 523-535, 2005.
-  Y. Yamada, H. Konosu, T. Morizono, and Y. Umetani, “Proposal of Skill-Assist: A System of Assisting Human Workers by Reflecting Their Skills in Positioning Tasks,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. IV-11-16, 1999.
-  Y. Yamada, Y. Umetani, H. Daitoh et al., “Construction of a Human/Robot Coexistence System Based on A Model of Human Will - Intention and Desire,” Proc. 1999 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2861-2867, 1999
-  Richard S. Sutton and Andrew G. Barto, “Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction,” pp. 145-147, The MIT Press, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.