Assessment of Mental Stress on Human Operators Induced by the Assembly Support in a Robot-Assisted “Cellular Manufacturing” Assembly System
Ryu Kato and Tamio Arai
Department of Precision Engineering, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
-  S. Seki, “One by One Production in the “Digital Yatai”: Practical Use of 3D-CAD Data in the Fabrication,” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.106, No.1013, pp. 254-258, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  M. Sugi, et al., “Motion and Arrangement Planning for Self-Moving Trays in Human Supporting Production Cell “Attentive Workbench”,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.72, No.11, pp. 1380-1385, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  K. Itoh, et al., “Ergonomics Handbook,” Asakura Publishing Co., Ltd., 2004 (in Japanese).
-  M. Jindai, et al., “A Study on Robot-Human System with Consideration of Individual Preferences: 2nd Report, Multimodal Human-Machine Interface for Object-Handing Robot System (Mechanical Systems),” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. C, Vol.73, No.729, pp. 1408-1415, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  M. Zecca, M. Saito, N. Endo, Y. Mizoguchi, K. Itoh, H. Takanobu, and A. Takanishi, “Waseda Bioinstrumentation system WB-2 - the new inertial measurement unit for the new motion caption system -,” Robotics and Biomimetics 2007, pp. 139-144, 2007.
-  F. Wada, et al., “Model to Estimate User's Cognitive Load for Adaptive Information Presentation: Basic Study for Verification of Hypotheses of Model,” ITE Technical Report, Vol.25, No.29, pp. 7-12, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  A. Kashihara, et al., “A Cognitive Load Application in Explanation and Its Evaluation,” Journal of Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 393-402, 1995 (in Japanese).
-  J. Too Chuan Tan, et al., “Assembly information support system for operational support in cell production,” The 41th CIRP conference on manufacturing system, pp. 209-212, 2008.
-  Y. Fujigaki, “The truth of standardization and direction of mental workload research,” The Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, Vol.29, No.6, 1993 (in Japanese).
-  T. Hagiwara, et al., “Effects of Cellular Telephone Use while Driving based on Mental Workload Assessment,” IATSS review, Vol.30, No.3, pp. 66-72, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  K. Kotani, et al., “Workload Control Using the Real-time Extraction of Respiratory Sinus Arrhythmia,” Transactions of the Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering, Vol.43, No.2, pp. 252-260, 2005.
-  K. Hashimoto, “Physiological meaning of the critical flicker frequency (CFF) and some problems in their measurement: Theory and practice of the flicker test,” Japanese Journal of Industrial Health, Vol.5, No.9, pp. 563-578, 1964 (in Japanese).
-  R. Ikeura, et al., “Study on emotional evaluation of robot motions based on galvanic skin reflex,” The Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, Vol.31, No.5, pp. 355-358, 1995 (in Japanese).
-  R. Ikeura, et al., “Prior notice method of robotic arm motion for suppressing a threat to a human,” advanced robotics: the international journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.14, No.5, pp. 415-417, 2000.
-  S. G. Hart, et al., “Development of NASA-TLX (Task Load Index): Results of Empirical and Theoretical Research,” In P. A. Hancock and N. Meshkati (Eds.). Human mental workload. North Holland Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, pp. 239-250, 1988.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.