Factory Tour of Nidec Servo Co. Ltd.
Mechanical System Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Gunma University
Nidec Servo Co. Ltd. is originated from Turumaki Clock Store founded in Tokyo in 1906, whose clock manufacturing division then developed into Eikosha Co. Ltd. in 1926. Photo 1 shows a wall clock manufactured in Eikosha Co. Ltd. Eikosha Co. Ltd. evacuated from Tokyo to Kiryu City, Gunma Prefecture in 1943 and got shut down in 1949. But forty-eight employees of Eikosha Co. Ltd. voluntarily established a joint venture company, Kiryu Eikosha Co. Ltd., to manufacture industrial equipment in the same year of closure. In 1951 Kiryu Eikosha Co. Ltd. made the best use of the technologies relating to clock gear mechanism in successfully manufacturing servo motors and synchronous motors in Japan, which led to firm establishment of the Company's foundation as a motor maker.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.