Environmentally-Conscious Design Methods for Manufacturing Firms with Servicification
Tomohiko Sakao, Mattias Lindahl, and Anna Öhrwall-Rönnbäck
Department of Management and Engineering, Linköping University
SE-581 83 Linköping, Sweden
-  T. Alonso-Rasgado and G. Thompson, "A rapid design process for Total Care Product creation," Journal of Engineering Design, Vol.17, No.6, pp. 509-531, 2006. T. Alonso-Rasgado, G. Thompson, and B. Elfstrom, "The design of functional (total care) products," Journal of Engineering Design, Vol.15, No.6, pp. 515-540, 2004.
-  H. Anderson, D. Andersson, P. Brehmer, M. Huge, J. Lilliecreutz, and A. "O. Rönnb"ack, "Suppliers' Articulation of Value Using the Internet," International Marketing and Purchasing (IMP) Conference, 2004.
-  T. Arai and Y. Shimomura, “Proposal of Service CAD System -- A Tool for Service Engineering --,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.53, No.1, pp. 397-400, 2004.
-  O. Br"annström, B.-O. Elfström, and G. Thompson, "Functional products create new demands on product development companies," International Conference on Engineering Design, CD-ROM, 2001.
-  S. Evans, P. J. Partidário, and J. Lambert, “Industrialization as a key element of sustainable product-service solutions,” International Journal of Production Research, Vol.45, No.18&19, pp. 4225-4246, 2007.
-  Japanese Ministry of Public Management, H. A., “Posts and Telecommunications (2002) Annual Report on the Family Income and Expenditure Survey,” Japan Statistical Association.
-  M. Lindahl, T. Sakao, and A. "O. Rönnb"ack, "Business Implications of Integrated Product and Service Offerings," CIRP IPS2 Conference 2009, 2009 (to appear).
-  M. Lindahl, G. "O. Sandström, E. Sundin, A. "O Rönnb"ack, and J. "Ostlin, "Learning networks: a method for Integrated Product and Service Engineering -- experience from the IPSE project," in M. Mitsuishi, K. Ueda, and F. Kimura, (Eds.), "Manufacturing Systems and Technologies for the New Frontier -- Proceedings for The 41st CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems," Springer, pp. 495-500, Tokyo, 2008.
-  M. Lindahl and G. "Olundh, "The Meaning of Functional Sales," 8th CIRP International Seminar on Life Cycle Engineering -- Life Cycle Engineering: Challenges and Opportunities, pp. 211-220, 2001.
-  N. Morelli, “Product-service systems, a perspective shift for designers: A case study: the design of a telecentre,” Design Studies, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 73-99, 2003.
-  R. Oliva and R. Kallenberg, “Managing the transition from products to services,” International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 160-172, 2003.
-  S. Ritzén, A. Zika-Viktorsson, J. Forslin, and M. Engwall, “Learning to change -- a network approach to engineering management development,” International Conference on Engineering Design, CD-ROM, 2005.
-  T. Sakao, M. Lindahl, E. Sundin, A. "O. Rönnb"ack, and O. Tang, "Addressing Uncertainty as a Key for Successful Integrated Product and Service Offerings: Literature Review and Company Interview," The Swedish Production Symposium, pp. 253-260, 2008.
-  T. Sakao, G. "O. Sandström, and D. Matzen, "Framing design research for service orientation through PSS approaches," Journal of Engineering Design, 2009a (provisionally accepted to appear).
-  T. Sakao and Y. Shimomura, “Service Engineering: A Novel Engineering Discipline for Producers to Increase Value Combining Service and Product,” Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol.15, No.6, pp. 590-604, 2007.
-  T. Sakao, Y. Shimomura, E. Sundin, and M. Comstock, “Modeling Design Objects in CAD System for Service/Product Engineering,” Computer-Aided Design, DOI: 10.1016/j.cad.2008.06.006, 2009b (accepted to appear).
-  E. Sundin and B. Bras, “Making functional sales environmentally and economically beneficial through product remanufacturing,” Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol.13, No.9, pp. 913-925, 2005.
-  T. Tomiyama, “Service Engineering to Intensify Service Contents in Product Life Cycles,” Second International Symposium on Environmentally Conscious Design and Inverse Manufacturing, pp. 613-618, 2001.
-  A. Tukker and U. Tischner,“ New Business for Old Europe,” Greenleaf Publishing, Sheffield, 2006.
-  S. L. Vargo and R. F. Lusch, “Evolving to a New Dominant Logic for Marketing,” Journal of Marketing, Vol.68, No.1, pp. 1-17, 2004.
-  S. L. Vargo and R. F. Lusch, "From Goods to Service(s): Divergences and Convergences of Logics," Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.37, pp. 254-259, 2008. G. "Olundh and S. Ritzén, "How do Functional Sales Affect Product Development and Environmental Performance?," International Conference on Engineering Design, CD-ROM, 2003.
-  J. "Ostlin, E. Sundin, and M. Björkman, "Importance of closed-loop supply chain relationships," International Journal of Production Economics, 2008 (accepted to appear).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.