Development of Basic Training for Teaching Measurement and Control to Junior High School Students
Teruyuki Tamai*, Yoshihiro Ohnishi*, and Kazuo Kawada**
*Faculty of Education, Ehime University
3 Bunkyo-cho, Matsuyama, Ehime 790-8577, Japan
1-1-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-hiroshima, Hiroshima 739-8524, Japan
In 2017, the government announced the course of study guidelines. It showed the necessary qualification and ability for junior high school students and guidance on junior high school technology education. Because new content is included there, training of incoming teachers at junior high school is required. This paper proposes a training curriculum on measurement and control of junior high school technology. This training was practiced for junior high school teachers in Ehime. These members showed high evaluation. This training will enhance educational practice for junior high school students.
-  C. B. Frey and M. A. Osborne, “The future of employment: How susceptible are jobs to computerisation?,” Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Vol.144, pp. 254-280, 2017.
-  Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, “Educational guidelines for junior high school ‘2017 notification’ Commentary general explanation,” Higashiyama Shobo, 2017 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, “Educational guidelines for junior high school ‘2017 notification’ Commentary technology/home,” Kairyudo Publishing, 2017 (in Japanese).
-  T. Noguchi, H. Kajiwara, K. Chida, and S. Inamori, “Development of a Programming Teaching-Aid Robot with Intuitive Motion Instruction Set,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.29, No.6, pp. 980-991, 2017.
-  H. Doho and M. Sadakta, “Development of Teaching Material for Measurement and Control by Programming Using a PC as a Host Functioning Device,” J. of the Japan Society of Technology Education, Vol.59, No.3, pp. 167-177, 2017 (in Japanese).
-  H. Muramatsu, “Trends of Technology Education in Compulsory Education in Japan,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.29, No.6, pp. 952-956, 2017.
-  The Japan Society of Technology Education, “New edition of technology education introduction,” The Section Meeting of Technology Education, Kyushu University Press, 2018 (in Japanese).
-  K. Kawada, Y. Ohnishi, and T. Yamamoto, “Training to Improve Teaching Skill on Measurement and Control Technology Education for Industrial Education Teachers at Technical High Schools,” Bulletin of the Graduate School of Education, Hiroshima University, Part. II, Vol.66, pp. 25-32, 2017 (in Japanese).
-  M. Banzi and M. Shiloh, “Getting Started with Arduino, the Open Source Electronics Prototyping Platform,” O’Reilly, 2014.
-  M. Majed, “Learn to Program with Scratch: A Visual Introduction to Programming with Games, Art, Science, and Math,” No Starch Press, 2014.
-  T. Ichikawa, “Development of Teaching Materials and Practice for Measurement and Control Learning in Junior High Schools Technology Classes,” J. of the Japan Society of Technology Education, Vol.57, No.1, pp. 59-64, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Ohnishi, K. Honda, R. Nishioka, S. Mori, and K. Kawada, “Robotics Programming Learning for Elementary and Junior High School Student,” J. Robot. Mechtron., Vol.29, No.6, pp. 992-998, 2017.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.