Swarm Robotic Systems Based on Collective Behavior of Chloroplasts
Satoshi Hoshino*, Ryo Takisawa*, and Yutaka Kodama**
*Department of Mechanical and Intelligent Engineering, Utsunomiya University
7-1-2 Yoto, Utsunomiya, Tochigi 321-8585, Japan
**Center for Bioscience Research and Education, Utsunomiya University
350 Minemachi, Utsunomiya, Tochigi 321-8505, Japan
-  W. Burgard, M. Moors, C. Stachniss, and F. Schneider, “Coordinated Multi-Robot Exploration,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.21, No.3, pp. 376-386, 2005.
-  M. Ahmadi and P. Stone, “A Multi-robot System for Continuous Area Sweeping Tasks,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1724-1729, 2006.
-  D. Kurabayashi, J. Ota, T. Arai, and E. Yoshida, “Cooperative Sweeping by Multiple Mobile Robots,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1744-1749, 1996.
-  D. Kurabayashi, J. Ota, T. Arai, S. Ichikawa, S. Koga, H. Asama, and I. Endo, “Cooperative Sweeping by Multiple Mobile Robots with Relocating Portable Obstacles,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1472-1477, 1996.
-  D. Kurabayashi, S. Koga, T. Arai, J. Ota, H. Asama, and I. Endo, “Local Path Re-Planning for Unforeseen Obstacle Avoidance by An Autonomous Sweeping Robot,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3153-3158, 1998.
-  G. Beni, “From Swarm Intelligence to Swarm Robotic,” Int. Workshop on Swarm Robotics, pp. 1-9,2005.
-  M. Ashikaga, M. Kikuchi, T. Hiraguchi, M. Sakura, H. Aonuma, and J. Ota, “Foraging Task of Multiple Mobile Robots in a Dynamic Environment Using Adaptive Behavior in Crickets,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.4, pp. 466-473, 2007.
-  T. Miyamae, S. Ichikawa, and F. Hara, “Emergent Approach to Circle Formation by Multiple Autonomous Modular Robots,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 3-11, 2009.
-  C. W. Reynolds, “Flocks, Herds, and Schools: A Distributed Behavioral Model,” Computer Graphics, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 25-34, 1987.
-  R. Morlok and M. Gini, “Dispersing Robots in an Unknown Environment,” Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems, Vol.6, pp. 253-262, 2007.
-  T. Sato, M. Wada, and A. Kadota, “Accumulation Response of Chloroplasts Induced by Mechanical Stimulation in Bryophyte Cells,” Planta, Vol.216, pp. 772-777, 2003.
-  W. R. Briggs and E. Huala, “Blue-light Photoreceptors in Higher Plants,” Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vol.15, pp. 33-62, 1999.
-  W. R. Briggs, C. F. Beck, A. R. Cashmore, J. M. Christie, J. Hughes, J. A. Jarillo, T. Kagawa, H. Kanegae, E. Liscum, A. Nagatani, K. Okada, M. Salomon, W. Rüdiger, T. Sakai, M. Takano, M. Wada, and J. C. Watson, “The Phototropin Family of Photoreceptors,” Plant Cell, Vol.13, pp. 993-997, 2001.
-  W. R. Briggs and J. M. Christie, “Phototropins 1 and 2: Versatile Plant Blue-light Receptors,” Trends in Plant Science, Vol.7, No.5, pp. 204-210, 2002.
-  A. J. Healey, “Application of Formation Control for Multi-vehicle Robotic Minesweeping,” IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 1497-1502, 2001.
-  I. Rekleitis, A. P. New, E. S. Rankin, and H. Choset, “Efficient Boustrophedon Multi-robot Coverage: an Algorithmic Approach,” Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, Vol.52, No.2, pp. 109-142, 2008.
-  S. Takagi, “Actin-based Photo-orientation Movement of Chloroplasts in Plant Cells,” J. of Experimental Biology, Vol.206, pp. 1963-1969, 2003.
-  V. Braitenberg, “Vehicles. Experiments in synthetic psychology,” Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1984.
-  M. Rubensteina, C. Ahlera, N. Hoffa, A. Cabrerab, and R. Nagpal, “Kilobot: A Low Cost Robot with Scalable Operations Designed for Collective Behaviors,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.62, No.7, pp. 966-975, 2014.
-  M. Yuasa and I. Mizuuchi, “A Control Method for a Swarm of Plant Pot Robots that Uses Artificial Potential Fields for Effective Utilization of Sunlight,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.4, pp. 505-512, 2012.
-  D. Payton, M. Daily, R. Estowski, M. Howard, and C. Lee, “Pheromone Robotics,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 319-324, 2001.
-  K. Sugawara, T. Kazama, and T. Watanabe, “Foraging Behavior of Interacting Robots with Virtual Pheromone,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3074-3079, 2004.
-  S. Kernbach, R, Thenius, O. Kernbach, and T. Schmickl, “Re-embodiment of Honeybee Aggregation Behavior in an Artificial Micro-Robotic System,” Adaptive Behavior, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 237-259, 2009.
-  C. Hartman and B. Benes, “Autonomous Boids,” Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, Vol.17, No.3-4, pp. 199-206, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.