Simple Legged Robots that Reveal Biomechanical and Neuromechanical Functions in Locomotion Dynamics
*Dept. of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Kyoto daigaku-Katsura, Nishikyo-ku, Kyoto 615-8540, Japan
**JST, CREST, 5 Sanbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0075, Japan
-  S. Aoi, Y. Egi, R. Sugimoto, T. Yamashita, S. Fujiki, and K. Tsuchiya, “Functional roles of phase resetting in the gait transition of a biped robot from quadrupedal to bipedal locomotion,” IEEE Trans. Robot., Vol.28, No.6, pp. 1244-1259, 2012.
-  S. Fujiki, S. Aoi, T. Yamashita, T. Funato, N. Tomita, K. Senda, and K. Tsuchiya, “Adaptive splitbelt treadmill walking of a biped robot using nonlinear oscillators with phase resetting,” Auton. Robots, Vol.35, No.1, pp. 15-26, 2013.
-  S. Aoi, D. Katayama, S. Fujiki, N. Tomita, T. Funato, T. Yamashita, K. Senda, and K. Tsuchiya, “A stability-based mechanism for hysteresis in the walk-trot transition in quadruped locomotion,” J. R. Soc. Interface, Vol.10, No.81, pp. 20120908-1-20120908-12, 2013.
-  S.M.Manton, “The arthropoda: Habits, functional morphology and evolution,” Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1977.
-  B. D. Anderson, J. W. Shultz, and B. C. Jayne, “Axial kinematics and muscle activity during terrestrial locomotion of the centipede Scolopendra Heros,” J. Exp. Biol., Vol.198, pp. 1185-1195, 1995.
-  S. Aoi, Y. Egi, and K. Tsuchiya, “Instability-based mechanism for body undulations in centipede locomotion,” Phys. Rev. E, Vol.87, No.1, pp. 012717-1-012717-11, 2013.
-  A. Klopper, “Biomechanics: Have legs will travel,” Nat. Phys., Vol.9, No.3, p. 134, 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.