Implementation Approach of Affective Interaction for Caregiver Support Robot
Yutaka Miyaji* and Ken Tomiyama**
*Aoyama Gakuin University, 5-10-1 Fuchinobe, Chuou-ku, Sagamihara-shi, Kanagawa 252-5258, Japan
**Chiba Institute of Technology, 2-17-1 Tsudanuma, Narashino-shi, Chiba 275-0016, Japan
-  K. Tomiyama and Y. Miyaji, “Towards Realization of Care Worker Support Robot,” In S. Ohara and I. Kaminaga (Eds.), Current Status of Welfare in Japan, Chapter 13, pp. 301-329, Ibunsya, July 2001 (in Japanese). ISBN: 4-7531-0217-3
-  M. Fujita. “Digital creatures for future entertainment robotics,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.1, pp. 801-806, 2000.
-  K. Wada, T. Shibata, T. Saito, and K. Tanie, “Effects of robot assisted activity to elderly people who stay at a health service facility for the aged,” Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems 2003 (IROS 2003), Vol.3, pp. 2847-2852, 2003.
-  Y. Miyaji and K. Tomiyama, “Construction of Virtual KANSEI by Petri-net with GA and Method of Constructing Personality,” Proc. ROMAN2003, 12th IEEE Workshop Robot and Human Interactive Communication, p. 6B4 (CD-ROM), November 2003.
-  Y. Miyaji and K. Tomiyama, “Virtual KANSEI for Robots in Welfare,” IEEE/ICME Int. Conf. on Complex Medical Engineering 2007 (CME 2007), pp. 1323-1326, May 2007.
-  S. Sugano, H. Morita, and K. Tomiyama, “Study on Kawaii-ness in Motion – Classifying Kawaii Motion using Roomba –,” Int. Conf. on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics 2012, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Miyaji and K. Tomiyama, “Emotion Detecting Method based on Various Attributes of Human Voice,” Korean J. of the Science of Emotion and Sensibility, Vol.81, No.1, pp. 1-7, March 2005.
-  Y. Katsuno, Y. Miyaji, and K. Tomiyama, “Head Posture Invariant Detection of Facial Expression,” 2005 JSME Annual Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics (ROBOMEC 05), p. 2A1N028 (CDROM), 2005 (in Japanese).
-  R. Ueno and K. Tomiyama, “Emotion Detection Based on Fusion of Data From Facial Image and Voice Sound – Comfort/Discomfort State Detection using SVM –,” The 12th Annual Conf. of Japan Society of Kansei Engineering Tokyo, September, 2010.
-  C. Breazeal, “Regulation and entrainment for human-robot interaction,” Int. J. of Experimental Robotics, Vol.21, No.10-11, pp. 883-902, 2003.
-  H. Miwa, T. Okuchi, K. Itoh, H. Takanobu, and A. Takanishi, “A new mental model for humanoid robots for human friendly communication – introduction of learning system, mood vector and second order equations of emotion –,” J. of the American Voice I/O Society, Vol.3, pp. 3588-3593, 2003.
-  J. Kogami, K. Tomiyama, and Y. Miyaji, “Kansei Generator using HMM for Virtual Kansei in Caretaker Support Robot,” Kansei Engineering Int. (J. of Japan Socety Kansei Engineering), Vol.8, No.1, pp. 83-90, January 2009.
-  P. Ekman, “Emotions revealed: Recognizing faces and feelings to improve communication and emotional life,” Henry Holt and Company, 2007.
-  M. Zenkyoh and K. Tomiyama, “Surprise Generator for Virtual KANSEI Based on Human Surprise Characteristics,” Proc. of HCI2011, 2011.
-  H. Schlosberg, “Three dimensions of emotion,” Psychological Review, Vol.61, pp. 81-88, 1954.
-  N. Inoue, Y.Miyaji, and K. Tomiyama, “KANSEI Generator of Virtual Kansei Reflecting Environment Information,” Proc. of Spring Conf. of JSKE 2007, p. B21, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  T. Yanadori, N. Kiuchi, H. Takeuchi, Y. Miyaji, and K. Tomiyama, “Development of a Test Bed Care-Worker Support Robot,” 2004 JSME Annual Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics (ROBOMEC’04), p. 1A1-H-63 (CD-ROM), June 2004 (in Japanese).
-  T. Naito, Y.Miyaji, and K. Tomiyama, “Action Generation for Care-Worker Support Robot Based on Virtual KANSEI,” Proc. of The 6th Annual Conf. of JSKE 2004, p. 266, September 2004 (in Japanese).
-  J. Kogami, Y. Miyaji, and K. Tomiyama, “Construction and Evaluation of a Virtual KANSEI System for Robots”, Trans. of Japan Society of Kansei Engineering, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 601-609, September 2009 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Shinohara and N. Ohtsu, “Facial Expression Recognition Using Fisher Weight Maps,” J. of the institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineer, Vol.103, No.737, pp. 79-84, (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.