Development of Minimally Invasive Microneedle Made of Tungsten – Sharpening Through Electrochemical Etching and Hole Processing for Drawing up Liquid Using Excimer Laser –
Takahiro Tanaka, Tomokazu Takahashi, Masato Suzuki,
and Seiji Aoyagi
Kansai University, 3-3-35 Yamate-cho, Suita, Osaka 564-8680, Japan
-  S. Henry, D. V. McAllister, M. G. Allen, and M. R. Prausnitz, “Micromachined Needles for the Transdermal Delivery of Drugs,” Proc. MEMS’98, pp. 494-498, 1998.
-  P. K. Campbell, K. E. Jones, R. J. Huber, K. W. Horch, and R. A. Normann, “A Silicon-Based, Three-Dimensional Neural Interface: Manufacturing Processes for an Intracortical Electrode Array,” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., Vol.38, No.8, pp. 758-768, 1991.
-  P. Griss, P. Enoksson, K. T. Laakso, P. Merilainen, S. Ollmar, and G. Stemme, “Spiked Biopotential Electrodes,” Proc. MEMS’00, pp. 323-328, 2000.
-  M. Shikida, M. Ando, Y. Ishihara, N. Yamaura, T. Ando, K. Sato, and K. Asaumi, “Fabrication of Pen-Shaped Microneedle Structure by Using Non-Photolithographic Pattern Transfer,” Proc. Transducers ’03, pp. 1671-1674, 2003.
-  D. V.McAllister, F. Cross, S. P. Davis, L.M.Matta, M. R. Prausnitz, andM. G. Allen, “Three-Dimensional Hollow Microneedle and Microtube Arrays,” Proc. Transducers ’99, pp. 1098-1101, 1999.
-  S. P. Davis, M. R. Prausnitz, and M. G. Allen, “Fabrication and Characterization of Laser Micromachined Hollow Microneedles,” Proc. Transducers ’03, pp. 1435-1438, 2003.
-  H. Yagyu, S. Hayashi, and O. Tabata, “Fabrication of Plastic Micro Tip Array using Laser Micromachining of Nanoparticles Dispersed Polymer and Micromolding,” IEEJ Trans. SM, Vol.126, No.1, pp. 7-13, 2006.
-  J. Park, S. Davis, Y. Yoon, M. R. Prausnitz, and M. G. Allen, “Micro machined Biodegradable Microstructures,” Proc. MEMS’03, pp. 371-374, 2003.
-  S. Khumpuang, M. Horade, K. Fujioka, and S. Sugiyama, “Alignment X-ray Lithography for Hole Perforating through PCTMicroneedle,” Proc. Sensor Symposium ’04, pp. 497-500, 2004.
-  N. Matsuzuka, Y. Hirai, and O. Tabata, “Prediction Method of 3-D Shape Fabricated by Double Exposure Technique in Deep X-ray Lithography (D2XRL),” Proc. MEMS’06, pp. 186-189, 2006.
-  S. J. Moon and S. S. Lee, “Fabrication of Microneedle Array using Inclined LIGA Process,” Proc. Transducers ’03, pp. 1546-1549, 2003.
-  K. Najafi, J. Ji, and K. D. Wise, “Scaling Limitations of Silicon Multichannel Recording Probes,” J. Biomed. Eng., Vol.37, No.1, pp. 1-11, 1990.
-  S. Chandrasekaran, J. D. Brazzle, and A. B. Frazier, “Surface Micromachined Metallic Microneedles,” J. MEMS, Vol.12, No.3, pp. 281-288, 2003.
-  K. Oka, S. Aoyagi, Y. Arai, Y. Isono, G. Hashiguchi, and H. Fujita, “Fabrication of a Micro Needle for a Trace Blood Test,” Sensors and Actuators, Vol.97-98C, pp. 478-485, 2002.
-  H. Izumi and S. Aoyagi, “Novel Fabrication Method for Long Silicon Microneedles with Three-Dimensional Sharp Tips and Complicated Shank Shapes by Isotropic Dry Etching,” IEEJ Trans. Electrical and Electronic Eng., Vol.2, pp. 328-334, 2007.
-  H. Izumi, T. Tsubasa, S. Aoyagi, N. Tagawa, Y. Arai, M. Hirata, and S. Yorifuji, “Combined Harpoonlike Jagged Microneedles Imitating Mosquito’s Proboscis and Its Insertion Experiment with Vibration,” IEEJ Trans. on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Vol.3, No.4. pp. 425-431, 2008.
-  H. Izumi, M. Suzuki, S. Aoyagi, and T. Kanzaki, “Realistic Imitation of Mosquito’s Proboscis: Electrochemically Etched Sharp and Jagged Needles and Their Cooperative Inserting Motion,” Sensors and Actuators, Vol.A165, No.1, pp. 115-123, 2011.
-  S. Aoyagi, H. Izumi, and M. Fukuda, “Biodegradable Polymer Needle with Various Tip Angles and Consideration on Insertion Mechanism of Mosquito’s Proboscis,” Sensors and Actuators, Vol.A143, pp. 20-28, 2008.
-  C. Huang, T. Tanaka, Y. Takaoki, H. Izumi, T. Takahashi, M. Suzuki, and S. Aoyagi, “Fabrication of Metallic Microneedle by Electroplating and Sharpening of it by Electrochemical Etching,” IEEJ Trans. MS, Vol.131, No.11, pp. 373-380, 2011.
-  H. Izumi, T. Okamoto, M. Suzuki, and S. Aoyagi, “Development of a Silicon Microneedle with Three-Dimensional Sharp Tip by Electrochemical Etching,” IEEJ Trans. SM, Vol.129, No.11, pp. 373-379, 2009.
-  T. Nishiyama, K. Nakamura, K. Kobayakawa, Y. Sato, S. Tamura, and N. Koura, “Fabrication of STMTip by Electrochemical Etching Method,” Electrochemistry, Vol.63, No.3, pp. 230-233, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.