Improvement of a Screw Drive In-Pipe Robot with Pathway Selection Mechanism to Pass Through T-Branches
Taiki Nishimura, Atsushi Kakogawa, and Shugen Ma†
Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Noji-Higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
-  C. Jung, W. Chung, J. Ahn, M. Kim, G. Shin, and S. Kwon, “Optimal Mechanism Design of In-pipe Cleaning Robot,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 1327-1332, 2011.
-  J. Okamoto Jr., J. C. Adamowski, M. S. G. Tsuzuki, F. Buiochi, and C. S. Camerini, “Autonomous system for oil pipelines inspection,” Mechatronics, Vol.9, pp. 731-743, 1999.
-  T. Miyagawa and N. Iwatsuki, “Moving Characteristics in Bent Pipes of In-pipe Mobile Robot with Wheel Drive Mechanism using Planetary Gear Drive,” The Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.74, No.12, pp. 1346-1350, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Kwon, B. Lee, I. Whang, and B. Yi, “A Flat Pipeline Inspection Robot with Two Wheel Chains,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 5141-5146, 2010.
-  S. Roh, D. Kim, J. Lee, H. Moon, and H. Choi, “In-pipe Robot Based on Selective Drive Mechanism,” Int. J. of Control, Automation and Systems, Vol.7, No.1, pp. 105-112, 2009.
-  K. Taguchi and N. Kawarazaki, “Development of In-pipe Inspection Robot for Small Radius Pipelines,” J. of the Robotics of Japan, Vol.15, No.2, pp. 230-235, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Kwon, B. Lee, I.Whang, and B. Yi, “A Pipeline Inspection Robot with a Linkage Type Mechanical Clutch,” in Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2851-2856, 2010.
-  K. Tadakuma, R. Tadakuma, K. Nagatani, K. Yoshida, A. Ming, M. Shimojo, and K. Iagnemma, “Basic Running Test of the Cylindrical Tracked Vehicle with Sideways Mobility,” in Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1679-1684, 2009.
-  H. Omori, T. Hayakawa, and T. Nakamura, “Locomotion and Turning Patterns of a Peristaltic Crawling Earthworm Robot Composed of Flexible Units,” in Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1630-1636, 2008.
-  J. Lim, H. Park, S. Moon, and B. Kim, “Pneumatic Robot Based on Inchworm Motion for Small Diameter Pipe Inspection,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 330-335, 2007.
-  T. Baba, Y. Kameyama, T. Kamegawa, and A. Gofuku, “A snake robot propelling inside of a pipe with helical rolling motion,” in Proc. SICE Annual Conf., pp. 2319-2325, 2010.
-  E. Dertien, S. Stramigioli, and K. Pulles, “Development of an inspection robot for small diameter gas distribution mains,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 5044-5049, 2011.
-  A. Kakogawa and S. Ma, “Stiffness design of springs for a screw drive in-pipe robot to pass through curved pipes and vertical straight pipes,” Int. J. of Advanced Robotics, Vol.26, No.3/4, pp. 253-276, 2012.
-  T. Nishimura, A. Kakogawa, and S. Ma, “Pathway Selection Mechanism of a Screw Drive In-Pipe Robot in T-Branches,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Automation Science and Engineering, pp. 608-613, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.