Robust Global Localization Using Laser Reflectivity
Dongxiang Zhang, Ryo Kurazume, Yumi Iwashita,
and Tsutomu Hasegawa
Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
-  R. Hodoshima, M. Guarnieri, R. Kurazume et al., “HELIOS Tracked Robot Team: Mobile RT System for Special Urban Search and Rescue Operations,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.6, pp. 1041-1054, 2011.
-  F. Bonin-Font, A. Ortiz, and G. Oliver, “Visual Navigation for Mobile Robots: A Survey,” J. of Intelligent and Robotic Systems: Theory and Applications, Vol.53, No.3, pp. 263-296, 2008.
-  D. Filliat and J.-A. Meyer, “Map-based navigation in mobile robots: I. A review of localization strategies,” Cognitive Systems Research, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 243-282, 2003.
-  Y. Matsumoto, M. Inaba, and H. Inoue, “Visual navigation using view-sequenced route representation,” Proc. – IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.1, pp. 83-88, 1996.
-  H. Yaguchi, N. Zaoputra, N. Hatao et al., “View-Based Localization Using Head-Mounted Multi Sensors Information,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.3, pp. 376-383, 2009.
-  S. D. Jones, C. Andresen, and J. L. Crowley, “Appearance based processes for visual navigation,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.2, pp. 551-557, 1997.
-  T. Ohno, A. Ohya, and S. Yuta, “Autonomous navigation for mobile robots referring pre-recorded image sequence,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.2, pp. 672-679, 1996.
-  A. C. Murillo, C. Sagüés, J. J. Guerrero, T. Goedemé, T. Tuytelaars, and L. Van Gool, “From omnidirectional images to hierarchical localization,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.55, No.5, pp. 372-382, 2007.
-  E. Menegatti, M. Zoccarato, E. Pagello, and H. Ishiguro, “Imagebased Monte Carlo localisation with omnidirectional images,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.48, No.1, pp. 17-30, 2004.
-  H. Andreasson, A. Treptow, and T. Duckett, “Self-localization in non-stationary environments using omni-directional vision,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.55, No.7, pp. 541-551, 2007.
-  A. Angeli, D. Filliat, S. Doncieux, and J. A. Meyer, “A Fast and Incremental Method for Loop-Closure Detection Using Bags of Visual Words,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.24, No.5, pp. 1027-1037, 2008.
-  M. Cummins and P. Newman, “FAB-MAP: Probabilistic Localization and Mapping in the Space of Appearance,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.27, No.6, pp. 647-665, 2008.
-  L. Tang and S. Yuta, “Mobile robot playback navigation based on robot pose calculation using memorized omnidirectional image,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.4, pp. 366-374, 2002.
-  A. C. Murillo, J. J. Guerrero, and C. Sagüés, “SURF features for efficient robot localization with omnidirectional images,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Art. No.4209695, pp. 3901-3907, 2007.
-  J.Wolf,W. Burgard, and H. Burkhardt, “Robust vision-based localization for mobile robots using an image retrieval system based on invariant features,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.1, pp. 359-365, 2002.
-  K. Ishikawa, Y. Amano, and T. Hashizume et al., “A Mobile Mapping System for Precise Road Line Localization Using a Single Camera and 3D Road Model,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 174-180, 2007.
-  T. Saitoh and Y. Kuroda, “Self-Supervised Mapping for Road Shape Estimation Using Laser Remission in Urban Environments,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 726-736, 2010.
-  Y. Kuroda, M. Suzuki, T. Saitoh, and E. Terada, “Self-Supervised Online Long-Range Road Estimation in Complicated Urban Environments,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 16-27, 2012.
-  Y. Hara, H. Kawata, A. Ohya, and S. Yuta, “Mobile Robot Localization and Mapping by Scan Matching using Laser Reflection Intensity of the SOKUIKI Sensor,” IEEE Industrial Electronics, IECON, Art. No.4153430, pp. 3018-3023, 2006.
-  S. Thrun, “Probabilistic algorithms in robotics,” AI Magazine, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 93-109, 2000.
-  S. Thrun, D. Fox, W. Bugard, and F. Dellaert, “Robust Monte Carlo localization for mobile robots,” Artificial Intelligence, Vol.128, pp. 99-141, 2001.
-  D. Droeschel, S. May, D. Holz, P. Ploeger, and S. Behnke, “Robust Ego-Motion Estimation with ToF Cameras,” the European Conf. on Mobile Robots (ECMR), pp. 187-192, 2009.
-  Z. Kang, J. Li, L. Zhang, Q. Zhao, and S. Zlatanova, “Automatic Registration of Terrestrial Laser Scanning Point Clouds using Panoramic Reflectance Images,” Sensors, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 2621-2646, 2009.
-  R. Kurazume and S. Hirose, “An Experimental Study of a Cooperative Positioning System,” J. of Autonomous Robots, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 43-52, 2000.
-  H. Bay, A. Ess, and T. Tuytelaars, “Speeded-Up Robust Features (SURF),” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.110, No.3, pp. 346-359, 2008.
-  D. Lowe, “Distinctive image feature from scale-invariant keypoint,” Int. J. of Computer Vision, Vol.60, No.2, pp. 91-110, 2004.
-  P. J. Besl and N. D. McKay, “A method for registration of 3-D shapes,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 239-256, 1992.
-  C. S. Chen and Y. P. Hung, “RANSAC-Based DARCES: A new approach to fast automatic registration of partially overlapping range images,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis andMachine Intelligence, Vol.21, No.11, pp. 1229-1234, 1999.
-  T. Suzuki, Y. Amano, and T. Hashizume, “6-DOF localization for a mobile robot using outdoor 3D point clouds,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 158-166, 2010.
-  A. Nüchter, H. Surmann, K. Lingemann, J. Hertzberg, and S. Thrun, “6D SLAM with an application in autonomous mine mapping,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, pp. 1998-2003, 2004.
-  M. Guarnieri, R. Kurazume, and H. Masuda, “HELIOS system: A team of tracked robots for special urban search and rescue operations,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IROS, Art. No.5354452, pp. 2795-2800, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.