An In-Pipe Mobile Robot for Use as an Industrial Endoscope Based on an Earthworm’s Peristaltic Crawling
Shota Horii and Taro Nakamura
Chuo University, 1-13-27 Kasuga, Bunkyou-ku, Tokyo 112-8551, Japan
-  A. Kuwada, K. Tsujino, K. Suzumori, and T. Kanda, “Intelligent Actuators Realizing Snake -like Robot for Pipe Inspection,&rdquo Proc. IEEE Int. Symposium on Micro-nano Mechatronics and Human Science, pp. 1-6, 2006.
-  M. Konyo, K. Hatazaki, K. Isaki, and S. Tadokoro, “Development of an Active Scopecamera Driven by Ciliary Vibration Mechanism,&rdquo Proc. of the 12th Robotics-symposia, pp. 460-465, 2007.
-  P. Li, S. Ma, B. Li, and Y. Wang, “Development of an Adaptive Mobile Robot for In-pipe Inspection Task,&rdquo Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 3622-3627, 2007.
-  T. Okada and T. Sanemori, “MOGER: A Vehicle Study and Realization for In-pipe Inspection Tasks,&rdquo IEEE J. of Robotics and Automation, Vol.RA-3, No.6, December 1987.
-  A. H. Heidari, M.Mehrandezh, R. Paranjape, and H. Najjaran, “Dynamic Analysis and Human Analogous Control of a Pipe Crawling Robot,&rdquo Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 733-740, 2009.
-  T. Nakamura, T. Kato, T. Iwanaga, and Y. Muranaka, “Development of a Peristaltic Crawling Robot Using Servo Motors Based on the Locomotion Mechanism of Earthworms,&rdquo Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2006), pp. 4342-4344, 2006.
-  T. Nakamura and T. Iwanaga, “Locomotion Strategy for a Peristaltic Crawling Robot in a 2-Dimensional Space,&rdquo Proc. IEEE In. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 238-243, 2008.
-  N. Saga and T. Nakamura, “Development of peristaltic crawling robot using magnetic fluid on the basis of locomotion mechanism of earthworm,&rdquo Proc. of SPIE, Smart structures, Devices, and Systems, SPIE, pp. 369-377, 2002.
-  H. Omori, T. Hayakawa, and T. Nakamura, “Locomotion and Turning Patterns of a Peristaltic crawling Earthworm Robot Composed of Flexible Units,&rdquo Proc. of IEEE/RSJ 2008 Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1630-1635, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.