A Two Dimensional Model to Apprehend the Dynamic Response of Shallow Buried Structures due to Impact Loading Related to Mechanical Landmine Clearing Operations
Nuhansyah Sulaiman and Hiroshi Takahashi
Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Tohoku University, 6-6-20 Aramaki-Aza Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
-  J. Liu and R. L. Kushwaha, “Force transmitted below the soil surface by human gait,” J. of Terramechanics, pp. 337-342, 2010.
-  GICHD, “Mechanical Demining Equipment Catalogue 2011,” Geneva: GICHD, 2010.
-  GICHD, “A Study of Mechanical Application in Demining,” Geneva: Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining (GICHD), 2004.
-  A. I. Mahyuddin et al., “Dynamic response of shallow buried structures associated with landmine clearing operations,” J. of Terramechanics, pp. 215-224, 2011.
-  C. Adam and D. Adam, “Modelling of the Dynamic Load Plate Test Device with the LFWD,” Asian J. of Civil Engineering, pp. 73-89, 2003.
-  M. Parvizi, “Soil Response to Surface Impact Loads during Low Energy Dynamic compaction,” J. of Applied Science, pp. 2088-2096, 2009.
-  A. Dancygier and Y. Karinski, “A Simple Model to Assess the Effect of Soil Shear Resistance on the Response of Soil-Buried Structures under Dynamic Loads,” Engineering Structures, pp. 1055-1065, 1999.
-  V. S. Shankla, “Unravelling Flail-Buried Mine Interaction in Mine Neutralization,” Medicine Hat, Canada: Defence Research, 2000.
-  N. Gerolymos and G. Gazetas, “Winkler model for lateral response of rigid caisson foundations in linear soil,” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, pp. 347-361, 2006.
-  S. Kawahara, “Shape Effect of Falling Weight on Impact Response against Sand Cushion,” Proc. of the16th Int. Conf. of the ISTVS (pp. 281-285), Turin: ISVTS, 2008.
-  C. Asli et al., “Back-calculation of elastic modulus of soil and subgrade from portable falling weight deflectometer measurements,” Engineering Structures, pp. 1-7, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.