Evaluation of Construction Robot Telegrasping Force Perception Using Visual, Auditory and Force Feedback Integration
Ahmad Anas Yusof, Takuya Kawamura, and Hironao Yamada
Department of Human and Information Systems, Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University, 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
-  K. Chayama and K. Kawashima, “Fluid power system in postdisaster recovery,” J. of The Japan Fluid Power System Society, Vol.36, No.E1, pp. 42-46, 2005.
-  M. J. Bakari, K. M. Zied, and D. W. Seward, “Development of a multi-arm mobile robot for nuclear decommissioning tasks,” International J. of Advanced Robotic Systems, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 387-406, 2007.
-  Husqvarna Press Release, “New demolition robot from Husqvarna: Compact, agile, and the strongest in its class,” 2010.
-  Tepco Press Release, “Status of TEPCO’s Facilities and its services after the Great East Japan Earthquake,” 2011.
-  H. Yamada, H. Kato, and T. Muto, “Master-slave control for construction robot tele-operation,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 534-540, 2003.
-  H. Yamada, M. Gong, and D. Zhao, “A master-slave control for a tele-operation system for a construction robot: Application of a velocity control method with a force feedback model,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 60-67, 2006.
-  B. T. Bethea, “Application of haptic feedback to robotic surgery,” J. of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques, Vol.14, No.3, pp. 191-195, 2004.
-  S. B. Kesner and R. D. Howe, “Discriminating tissue stiffness with a haptic catheter: Feeling the inside of the beating heart,” IEEE World haptic Conf., Istanbul, Turkey, 2011.
-  H. Yamada and T. Muto, “Development of hydraulic teleoperated construction robot using virtual reality: New master slave control method and an evaluation of a visual feedback system,” Int. J. of Fluid Power, Vol.4, No.2, pp. 35-42, 2003.
-  H. Yamada, X. Tang, T. Ni, D. Zhao, and A. A. Yusof, “Teleoperation construction robot control system with virtual reality,” Proc. 9th IFAC Symposium on Robot Control, pp. 793-798, 2009.
-  A. A. Yusof, X. Tang, T. Kawamura, and H. Yamada, “Construction robot Tele-operation with a VR-aided display: Workspace Viewpoint Manipulation Effect,” Int. J. of Robotics and Automation, Vol.26, No.4, pp. 376-388, 2011.
-  A. A. Yusof, T. Kawamura, and H. Yamada, “Operational Evaluation of a Construction Robot Tele-operation with Force Feedback: Evaluation of Tele-robotic Force Perception using Auditory Feedback,” Trans. of The Japan Fluid Power System Society, Vol.43, No.1, pp. 1-8, 2012.
-  S. Kimura, S. Tsuchiya, Y. Nagai, K. Nakamura, K. Satoh, H. Morikawa, and N. Takanashi, “Teleoperation Techniques for Assembling an Antenna by using Space Robots – Experiments on Engineering Test Satellite VII –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.12, No.4 pp. 394-401, 2000.
-  D. E. DiFranco, G. L. Beauregard, and M. A. Srinivasan, “The effect of auditory cues on the haptic perception of stiffness in virtual environments,” Proc. of the ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Division, pp. 17-22, 1997.
-  S. Shinichi, O. Mikio, K. Shingo, and O. Toshihiro, “Development and practice of the tele-earthwork system,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 425-438, 1995.
-  K. Kawashima, T. Sasaki, T. Miyata, N. Nakamura, M. Sekiguchi, and T. Kagawa. “Development of robot using pneumatic artificial rubber muscles to operate construction machinery,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.1, p. 816, 2004.
-  S. Barrass and G. Kramer, “Using sonification,” Multimedia Systems, Vol.7, No.1, p. 23-31, 1999.
-  R. D. Luce and C. Krumhansl, “Measurement, scaling, and psychophysics,” R. C. Atkinson, R. J. Herrnstein, G. Lindzey, and R. D. Luce (Eds.), “Stevens’ Handbook of Experimental Psychology,” New York: Wiley, pp. 60-64, 1988.
-  S. G. Hart and L. E. Staveland, “Development of Nasa (Task load index): Results of empirical and theoretical research,” Human mental workload, Amsterdam: Elsevier, pp. 23-37, 1987.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.