Walking-Assistance Apparatus as a Next-Generation Vehicle and Movable Neuro-Rehabilitation Training Appliance
Eiichirou Tanaka*1, Tadaaki Ikehara*2, Hirokazu Yusa*3,
Yusuke Sato*3, Tomohiro Sakurai*4, Shozo Saegusa*5,
Kazuhisa Ito*1, and Louis Yuge*6
*1Department of Machinery and Control Systems, Shibaura Institute of Technology, 307 Fukasaku, Minuma-ku, Saitama 337-8570, Japan
*2Tokyo Metropolitan College of Industrial Technology, Tokyo, Japan
*3Former Graduate School of Engineering, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Saitama, Japan
*4Graduate School of Engineering, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Saitama, Japan
*5Hiroshima University, Higashi-Hiroshima, Japan
*6Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
-  Y. Wu et al., “Development of a Power Assist System of a Walking Chair (Proposition of the Speed-Torque Combination Power Assist System),” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 189-197, 2005.
-  K. Hashimoto et al., “Biped Landing Pattern Modification Method and Walking Experiments in Outdoor Environment,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.5, pp. 775-784, 2008.
-  K. Miyawaki et al., “Evaluation and Development of Assistive Cart for Matching to User Walking,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.6, pp. 637-645, 2007.
-  K. Masushita et al., “A Case Study Approach: Walking Assist Scheme Exploiting Somatic Reflex of a Leg-Paralysis Patient,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.6, pp. 629-636, 2007.
-  K. Yamamoto et al., “Development of Power Assisting Suit for Assisting Nurse Labor,” JSME Int. J., Series C, Vol.45, No.3, JSME, pp. 703-711, 2002.
-  K. Suzuki et al., “Intention-Based Walking Support for Paraplegia Patient,” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC2005), Hawaii, pp. 2707-2713, 2005.
-  T. Nakamura et al., “Control of Wearable Walking Support System Based on Human-Model and GRF,” Proc. of the 22nd Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan, 1I35, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  T. Ikehara et al., “Study on Dynamic Balance and Prolonged Walk for Development of Active Auxiliary Walk-Implement,” Proc. of the 1st KSME-JSME Joint Int. Conf. on Manufacturing, Machine Design and Tribology (ICMDT), Seoul, KOREA, 2005.
-  T. Ikehara et al., “Development of Closed-Fitting-Type Walking Assistance Device for Legs with Self-Contained Control System,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.3, pp. 380-390, 2010.
-  H. Inoue et al., “Development of Walking Assist Machine Using Linkage Mechanism – Mechanism and its Fundamental Motion –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 189-196, 2010.
-  G. Colombo et al., “Treadmill training of paraplegic patients using a robotic orthosis,” J. of Rehabilitation Research and Development, Vol.37, No.6, pp. 693-700, November/December, 2000.
-  H. Yusa et al., “Development of a Walking Assistance Apparatus using a Spatial Parallel Link Mechanism and Evaluation of Muscle Activity,” Proc. of the 19th IEEE Int. Symposium in Robot and Human Interactive Communication (IEEE Ro-Man 2010), Viareggio, Italy, CD-ROM, 2010.
-  R. Nakamura et al., “Fundamental Kinesiology, sixth edition,” Ishiyaku pubrishers Inc., 2003 (in Japanese). ISBN: 978-4-263-21153-3
-  Y. Ehara and S. Yamamoto, “Introduction to Body-Dynamics-Analysis of Gait and Gait Initiation,” Ishiyaku publishers Inc., 2002 (in Japanese). ISBN: 4-263-21532-X
-  S. Aoki et al., “Effect of Guidance Force of Lokomat on Body Weight Supported Training for Restoration of Locomotion, The Institute of Electronics,” Information and Communication Engineers, Technical Report, MBE2008-51, pp. 133-138, 2008.
Supporting Online Materials:[a] NESS L300.
-  [b] AIST anthropometric database1991-92 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.