Biplane US-Guided Real-Time Volumetric Target Pose Estimation Method for Theragnostic HIFU System
Joonho Seo*, Norihiro Koizumi*, Takakazu Funamoto*,
Naohiko Sugita*, Kiyoshi Yoshinaka*, Akira Nomiya**,
Yukio Homma**, Yoichiro Matsumoto*,
and Mamoru Mitsuishi*
*Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
**Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan
-  S. C. Davies, A. L. Hill, R. B. Holmes,M. Halliwell, and P. C. Jackson, “Ultrasound Quantitation of Respiratory Organ Motion in the Upper Abdomen,” British J. of Radiology Vol.67, pp. 1096-1102, 1994.
-  N. Pagoulatos, W. S. Edwards, D. R. Haynor, and Y. Kim, “Interactive 3-D Registration of Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Images Based on a Magnetic Position Sensor,” IEEE Trans. Inform. Technol. Biomed., Vol.3, No.4, pp. 278-288, Dec. 1999.
-  A. Roche, X. Pennec, G. Malandain, and N. Ayache, “Rigid Registration of 3D Ultrasound with MR Images: a New Approach Combining Intensity and Gradient Information,” IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, Vol.20, pp. 1038-1049, 2001.
-  A. Leroy, P.Mozer, Y. Payan, and J. Troccaz, “Intensity-Based Registration of Freehand 3D Ultrasound and CT-Scan Images of the Kidney,” Int. J. of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, Vol.2 No.1, pp. 31-41, 2007.
-  W. Weina, S. Brunkeb, A. Khamenea, M. R. Callstromc, and N. Navabd, “Automatic CT-Ultrasound Registration for Diagnostic Imaging and Image-Guided Intervention,” Medical Image Analysis, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 577-585, 2008.
-  B. Zeng, R. Ishikawa, T. Oishi, J. Takamatsu, and K. Ikeuchi, “6-DOF Pose Estimation from Single Ultrasound Image Using 3D IP Models,” Proc. of the SPIE International Symposium on Medical Imaging 2006, pp. 227-237, 2008.
-  D. P. Luebke, “A Developer’s Survey of Polygonal Simplification Algorithms,” IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications’01, pp. 24-35, 2001.
-  A. Nuchter, K. Lingemann, and J. Hertzberg, “Cached KD-Tree Search for ICP Algorithms,” Proc. of the Sixth Int. Conf. on 3-D Digital Imaging and Modeling, pp. 419-426, August 21-23, 2007.
-  A. Ahmad, D. W. Cool, B. H. Chew, S. E. Pautler, and T. M. Peters, “3D Segmentation of Kidney Tumors from Freehand 2D Ultrasound,” Proc. of the SPIE Int. Symposium on Medical Imaging 2006, pp. 227-237, 2006.
-  B. L. Obadia and A. Gee, “Adaptive Segmentation of Ultrasound Images,” Image and vision Computing J., Vol.17, No.8, pp. 583-588, 1999.
-  J. A. Noble, “Ultrasound Image Segmentation: A Survey,” IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, Vol.25, No.8, pp. 987-1010, 2006.
-  M. M. Frenandez and C. A. Lopez, “An Approach for Contour Detection of Human Kidneys from Ultrasound Images Using Markov Random Fields and Active Contours,” Medical Image Analysis, Vol.9, pp. 1-23, 2005.
-  R. Larsen, M. Nielsen, and J. Sporring, “Prostate Segmentation in 2D Ultrasound Images Using Image Warping and Ellipse Fitting,” LNCS 4191, pp. 17-24, 2006.
-  L. A. Piegl and W. Tiller, “Least-Squares B-Spline Curve Approximation with Arbitrary End Derivatives,” Engineering with Computer, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 109-116, 2000.
-  K. Low, “Linear Least-Square Optimization for Point-to-Plane ICP Surface Registration,” Technical report TR04-004, UNC, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.