6-DOF Localization for a Mobile Robot Using Outdoor 3D Point Clouds
Taro Suzuki, Yoshiharu Amano, and Takumi Hashizume
Research Institute for Science and Engineering, Waseda University, 17 Kikui-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0044, Japan
-  S. Thrun, W. Burgard, and D. Fox, “Probabilistic Robotics,” The MIT Press, 2005.
-  F. Dellaert et al., “Monte Carlo Localization for Mobile Robots,” In Proc. of IEEE ICRA, pp. 1322-1328, 1999.
-  F. Lu and E. Milios, “Robot Pose Estimation in Unknown Environments by Matching 2D Range Scans,” J. of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol.18 No.3, pp. 249-275, 1997.
-  D. Fox et al., “Monte Carlo Localization: Efficient Position Estimation for Mobile Robots,” In Proc. of AAAI, pp. 343-349, 1999.
-  J. Meguro, R. Hirokawa, J. Takiguchi, and T. Hashizume, “Autonomous Mobile Surveillance System based on RTK-GPS in Urban Canyons,” J. of Robotics and Mech. (JRM) No.17, Vol.2, pp. 218-225, 2005.
-  R. Hirokawa et al., “An Efficient UKF Based GPS/INS Augmented by Local Landmark Update,” Proc. ION GNSS, pp. 127-134, 2007.
-  S. Thrun et al., “Stanley, the robot that won the DARPA Grand Challenge,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.23, No.9, pp. 661-692, 2006.
-  D. Barber, J. Mills, and S. Smith-Voysey, “Geometric validation of a ground-based mobile laser scanning system,” ISPRS J. of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Vol.63, No.1, pp. 128-141, 2008.
-  K. Ishikawa et al., “A Mobile Mapping System for Precise Road Line Localization Using Single Camera and 3D Road Model,” J. of Robotics and Mech. (JRM) Vol.19, No.2, pp. 174-180, 2007.
-  J. Kremer and G. Hunter, “Performance of the Street Mapper Mobile LIDAR Mapping System in “Real World” Projects,” Photogrammetric Week ’07, pp. 215-225, 2007.
-  K. Lingemann, A. Nuchter, J. Hertzberg, and H. Surmann, “Highspeed laser localization for mobile robots,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.51, pp. 275-296, 2005.
-  A. Nüuchter et al., “6D SLAM – 3D Mapping Outdoor Environments, Quantitative Performance Evaluation of Robotic and Intelligent Systems,” J. of Field Robotics Vol.24, No.8-9, pp. 699-722, 2007.
-  A. Davison et al., “Monoslam: Real-time single camera slam,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, pp. 1052-1067, 2007.
-  E. B. Olson, “Real-time correlative scan matching,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4387-4393, 2009.
-  T. Duckett and U. Nehmzow, “Mobile Robot Self-Localisation Using Occupancy Histograms and A Mixture of Gaussian Location Hypotheses,” J. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.34, No.2-3, pp. 119-130, 2001.
-  S. Thrun et al., “Robust Monte Carlo Localization for Mobile Robots,” Artificial Intelligence Journal, Vol.128, No.1-2, pp. 99-141, 2001.
-  R. Küummerle et al. “Monte Carlo Localization in Outdoor Terrains Using Multilevel Surface Maps,” J. of Field Robotics Vol.25, No.6-7, pp. 346-359, 2008.
-  K. Lingemann et al., “High-speed laser localization for mobile robots,” J. of Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 51, No.4, pp. 275-296, 2005.
-  S. Thrun et al., “A real-time algorithm for mobile robot mapping with applications to multi-robot and 3D mapping,” in Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 2000.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.