3-D Sensing for Flexible Linear Object Alignment in Robot Cell Production System
Yukiyasu Domae*, Haruhisa Okuda*, Yasuo Kitaaki*,
Yuta Kimura**, Hidenori Takauji**, Kazuhiko Sumi**,
and Shun’ichi Kaneko**
*Advanced Technology R&D Center, Mitsubishi Electric Corp., 8-1-1 Tsukaguchi Hon-machi, Amagasaki 661-8661, Japan
**Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, Kita 14, Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo 060-0814, Japan
-  M. Nakazawa, “Handling of Flexible Object,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 167-169, 1998.
-  S. Hirai, “Deformable Object Manipulation,” J. of JRSJ, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 136-139, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  T. Matsuno and T. Fukuda, “Manipulation of Flexible Rope Using Topological Model Based on Sensor Information,” Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2638-2643, Beijing, 2006.
-  H. Wakamatsu and S. Hirai, “Static Modeling of Linear Object Deformation Based on Differential Geometry,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 293-311, 2004.
-  F. Matsuno and M. Kisoi, “Task Understanding for the Beamin-Hole Task with Initial One-Point Contact,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 209-213, 1998.
-  D. Henrich, T. Ogasawara, and H. Worn, “Manipulating Deformable Linear Objects –Contact States and Point Contacts– ,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Symp. on Assembly and Task Planning (ISATP’99), pp. 1-7, Portugal, 1999.
-  J. Wolter and E. Kroll, “Toward Assembly Sequence Planning with Flexible Parts,” Proc. of IEEE Robotics and Automation, pp. 1517-1524, Minnesota, 1996.
-  H.Wakamatsu, E. Arai, and S. Hirai, “Planning for Unraveling Deformable Linear Objects Based on Their Silhouette,” Motion Planning, pp. 551-562, 2008.
-  M. Saha and P. Isto, “Manipulation Planning for Deformable Linear Objects,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.23, No.6, pp. 1141-1150, 2007.
-  C. Chen and Y. F. Zheng, “Deformation Indentification and Estimation of One-dimensional Objects by Using Vision Sensors,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2306-2311, California, 1991.
-  F. Abegg, D. Engel, and H. Worn, “Manipulating Deformable Linear Objects – Vision-based Recognition of Contact State Transitions –,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics (ICAR’99), pp. 135-140, 1999.
-  M. Inaba and H. Inoue, “Rope Handling by a Robot with Visual Feedback,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 39-54, 1987.
-  R. Fujiki, H. Tanaka, Y. Kawahara, T. Yairi, and K. Machida “Autonomous Recognition of Multiple Cable Topology with Image,” Proc. of SICEICASE Int. Joint Conf., pp. 1425-1430, 2006.
-  M. Yamamoto, “Determining 3-D Structure of Scene from Image Sequences Obtained by Horizontal and Vertical Moving,” Proc. of BPRA 4th Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition, pp. 458-467, 1988.
-  C. Tomashi and T. Kanade, “Shape and Motion from Image Streams under Orthography: a Factorization Method,” J. of Computer Vision, 9:2, pp. 137-154, 1992.
-  C. J. Poelman and T. Kanade, “A Paraperspective Factorization Method for Shape and Motion Recover,” IEEE Trans. on PAMI, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 206-218, 1997.
-  X. Wu, T. Wada, S. Tokai, and T. Matsuyama, “Parallel Volume Intersection Based on Plane-to-Plane Projection,” Trans. of Information Processing Society of Japan, Vol.42, No.SIG06, pp. 33-43, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  A. Laurentini, “The Visula Hull Concept for Silhouette-based image understanding,” Trans. of PAMI, Vol.16, No.2, pp.150-162, 1994.
-  F. Ullah, S. Kaneko, and S. Igarashi, “Orientation code matching for robust object search,” IEICE Trans. of Inf. & Sys, Vol.E84-D, No.8, pp. 999-1006, 2001.
-  H. Takauji, S. Kaneko, and T. Tanaka, “Robust Tagging in Strange Circumstance,” Electrical Engineering in Japan, Vol.156, No.4, pp. 22-32, 2006.
-  F. Ullah, S. Kaneko, and S. Igarashi, “Tracking looming and receding objects by orientation code matching, The J. of the IIEEJ, Vol.31. No.1, pp. 94-102, 2002.
-  Y. Domae, H. Okuda, H. Takauji, Y. Kimura, S. Kaneko, and T. Tanaka, “3-D Cable Shape Sensing Using Robust Motion Stereo,” Trans. of 17th IFAC World Congress, pp. 14738-14742, 2008.
-  M. Okutomi and T. Kanade, “A multiple-baseline stereo method,” Proc. IEEE CVPR, pp. 63-69, 1991.
-  H. Okuda, Y. Kitaaki, M. Hashimoto, and S. Kaneko, “HM-ICP: Fast 3-D Registration Algorithm with Hierarchical and Region Selection Approach of M-ICP,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.6, pp. 765-771, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2010 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.