SIEN: Telescopic-Arm Climbing-Support Robot
Tomoyuki Yamaguchi, Yoshiaki Sorioka, Sunhong Park, and Shuji Hashimoto
Department of Applied Physics, Waseda University
-  T. Miyake and H. Ishihara, “WallWalker: Proposal of locomotion mechanism cleaning event at the corner,” Proc. of the 7th Int. Conf. on Climbing and Walking Robots (CLAWAR), pp. 341-348, 2004.
-  S. Hirosea and H. Tsutsumitake, “Disk Rover: A wall-climbing robot using permanent magnet disks,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2074-2079, 1992.
-  W. Shen, J. Gu, and Y. Shen, “Proposed wall climbing robot with permanent magnetic tracks for inspecting oil tanks,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 2072-2077, 2005.
-  L. Illingworth and D. Reinfeld, “Vortex attractor for planar and non-planar surfaces,” US Patents #6619922, 2003.
-  M. Elliott, W. Morris, A. Calle, and J. Xiao, “City-Climbers at work,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2764-2765, 2007.
-  A. K. Geim, S. V. Dubonos, I. V. Grigorieva, K. S. Novoselov, A. A. Zhukov, and S. YU. Shapoval, “Microfabricated adhesive mimicking gecko foot-hair,” Nature Materials, Vol.2, pp. 461-463, 2003.
-  M. P. Murphy and M. Sitti, “Waalbot: An agile small-scale wall-climbing robot utilizing dry elastomer adhesives,” Proc. of IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.12, No.3, pp. 330-338, 2007.
-  S. Kim, A. T. Asbeck, M. R. Cutkosky, and W. R. Provancher, “SpinybotII: Climbing hard walls with compliant microspines,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Advanced and Robotics, pp. 601-606, 2005.
-  S.K. Tso, K.L. Fan, Y.H. Fung, L. Han, D.W. Tang, K.P. Liu, and F. Tong, “Inspection of large tile walls for high-rise buildings based on a mechatronic mobile system,” Proc. of IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 669-672, 2003.
-  N. Elkmann, T. Felsch, M. Sack, J. Saenz, and J. Hortig, “Innovative service robot systems for facade cleaning of difficult-to-access areas,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots Systems EPFL, pp. 756-762, 2002.
-  H. Zhang, J. Zhang, G. Zong, W. Wang, and R. Liu, “Sky Cleaner 3: a real pneumatic climbing robot for glass-wall cleaning,” IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, Vol.13, Issue 1, pp. 32-41, 2006.
-  S. Kitai, K. Tsuru, and S. Hirose, “The proposal of swarm type wall climbing robot system “Anchor Climber” -the design and examination of adhering mobile unit-,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 475-480, 2005.
-  M. Suzuki, S. Kitai, and S. Hirose, “Basic systematic experiments and new type child unit of Anchor Climber: Swarm type wall climbing robot system,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3034-3039, 2008.
-  Y. Sorioka, T. Yamaguchi, and S. Hashimoto, “Development of a Telescopic-Arm Type, Climbing Support Robot,” Proc. of ROBIO2008, 2008 (In press).
-  http://www.spinmaster.com/
-  T. Yamaguchi, S. Nakamura, R. Saegusa, and S. Hashimoto, “Image-based crack detection for real concrete surface,” IEEJ Trans. on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 128-135, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2009 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.