Muscle Strength Estimation Using Musculo-Skeletal Model for Upper Limb Rehabilitation
Tatsuya Okada*, Takashi Imamura*, Takanori Miyoshi*,
Kazuhiko Terashima*, Yoshifumi Yasuda**,
and Takuo Suzuki*
*Department of Production Systems Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology
**Health Science Center, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku-cho, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8580, Japan
-  N. Chino, “Modern rehabilitation medicine,” KANEHARA & Co., LTD, pp. 213-235, 1999.
-  I. Nara and T. Okanishi, “Muscular power,” Ishiyaku Publishers, Inc., 2004.
-  M. Kumamoto, T. Oshima, and T. Yamamoto, “Control properties induced by the existence of antagonistic pairs of bi-articular muscles-mechanical engineering model analyses,” Human Movement Science, Vol.13, pp. 611-634, 1994.
-  T. Oshima, T. Fujikawa, and M. Kumamoto, “Functional Evaluation of Effective Muscular Strength Based on a Muscle Coordinate System Composed of Bi-articular and Mono-articular Muscles. Simplified Measurement Technique of Output Force Distribution Journal of the Japan Society of Precision Engineering, Vol.67, No.6, pp. 944-948, 2001.
-  T. Oshima, K. Toriumi, T. Fujikawa, and M. Kumamoto, “Functionally Effective Muscular Strength (FEMS) Program and its application Based on Coordinate Control Model,” 1st Workshop on Application of bi-articular muscle, 2004.
-  http://www.musculographics.com/
-  H. Gomi, “Human-Arm Muscle Coordination Examined by Directional Preference of Muscle Activation during Multijoint Force Regulation Tasks,” Transactions of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, D-2, Information and Systems 2, Vol.J84-D-II, No.4, pp. 728-736, 2001.
-  K. Hase, M. Kaya, N. Yamazki, B. Andrews, A. B. Zavatsky, and S. E. Halliday, “Biomechanics of Rowing,” JSME Int. journal, Series C, Vol.45, No.4, pp. 1073-1081, 2002.
-  Boris I. Prilutsky and Robert J. Gregor, “Analysis of Muscle Coordination Strategies in Cycling,” IEEE Transactions on Rehabilitation Engineering, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 362-370, 2000.
-  T. Inumaru, M. Ikuta, K. Shibata, and S. Nishimura, “An optimization-based model for analyzing the exertion of force vector at the human upper limb,” Journal of the Tsuruma Health Science Society,” Vol.29, No.1, pp. 69-76, 2005.
-  Th. Hettinger (Translated by M. Ikai, H. Matsui), “Isometrisches Muskeltraining,” TAISHUKAN Publishing Co., Ltd., 1974.
-  S. Yamada and T. Fukunaga, “Biochemical and physiological adaptations to physical training in skeletal muscle,” NAP Limited, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.