Human-Adaptive Robot Interaction Using Interactive EC with Human-Machine Hybrid Evaluation
Yuki Suga*, Tetsuya Ogata**, and Shigeki Sugano*
*Department of Creative Science and Engineering, School of Modern Mechanical Engineering, Waseda University, #59-325, 3-4-1 Okubo Shinjuku, Tokyo 169-8555, Japan
**Department of Intelligence Science and Technology, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University, Yoshida-honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
-  H. Takagi, “Interactive Evolutionary Computation:Fusion of the Capabilities of EC Optimization and Human Evaluation,” Proc. of the IEEE Special Issue on Industrial Innovations Using Soft Computing, Vol.89, No.9, 2001.
-  H. Kitano, “Genetic Algorithm 2,” Sangyou-Tosho, pp. 72-87, 1995 (in Japanese).
-  T. Inamura, M. Inaba, and H. Inoue, “Acquisition of Probabilistic Behavior Decision Model based on the Interactive Teaching Method,” Proc. of the Ninth Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics (ICAR’99), pp. 523-528, 1999.
-  J. J. Grefenstette, “Genetic algorithms for changing environments,” Proc. of 2nd Parallel Problem Solving from Nature, pp. 137-144, 1992.
-  H. G. Cobb, “An investigation into the use of hypermutation as an adaptive operator in genetic algorithms having continuous, timedependent nonstationary environments,” NRL Memorandum Report 6760, 1990.
-  T. Ogata, S. Sugano, and J. Tani, “Open-end Human-Robot Interaction from the Dynamical Systems Perspective -Mutual Adaptation and Incremental Learning, Advanced Robotics,” VSP and Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.19, No.6, pp. 651-670, July, 2005.
-  N. Mitsunaga, C. Smith, T. Kanda, H. Ishiguro, and N. Hagita, “Robot Behavior Adaptation for Human-Robot Interaction based on Policy Gradient Reinforcement Learning,” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2005), pp. 1594-1601, 2005.
-  J. A. Bildes, “GenJam: A Genetic Algorithm for Generating Jazz Solos, Proc. of Int. Computer Music Conference (ICMC94), pp. 131-137, 1994.
-  H. Lund, O. Miglino, L. Pagliarini, A. Billard, and A. Ijspeert, “Evolutionary Robotics - A Children’s Game,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC’98), pp. 154-158, 1998.
-  M. Nagao, M. Yamamoto, K. Suzuki, and A. Ohuchi, “Evaluation of the Image Retrieval System Using Interactive Genetic Algorithm,” Journal of Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.13, No.5, pp. 720-727, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-Organizing Maps,” Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, 1995.
-  T. Ogata and S. Sugano, “Emotional Communication Between Humans and the Autonomous Robot which has the Emotion Model,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA’99), pp. 3177-3182, 1999.
-  S. Haga, “Theory and Measurement of Mental Workload,” Japan Publishing Service, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Suga, Y. Ikuma, D. Nagao, T. Ogata, and S. Sugano, “Interactive Evolution of Human-Robot Communication in Real World,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2005), August, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.