Development of the MOSFET Type Enzyme Biosensor Using GOx and ChOx
Katsutoshi Ooe*, Yasutaro Hamamoto**, Toshifumi Kadokawa**,
and Yoshiaki Hirano**
*Dept. of Micro System Technology, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Noji-Higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
**Dept. of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, Osaka Institute of Technology, 5-16-1 Omiya, Asahi-ku, Osaka 535-8585, Japan
-  A. E. G. Cass, G. Davis, G. D. Francis, H. A. O. Hill, W. J. Aston, I. J. Higgins, E. V. Plotkin, L. D. L. Scott, and A. P. F. Turner, “Ferrocene-mediated enzyme electrode for amperometric determination of glucose,” Anal. Chem., 56, pp. 667-671, 1984.
-  I. Willner and E. Katz, “Integration of layered redox protein and conductive supports for bioelectric applications,” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 39, pp. 1180-1218, 2000.
-  C. J. Zhong and M. D. Porter, “Designed interfaces at the molecular level,” Anal. Chem., 67, pp. 709A-715A, 1995.
-  A. P. F. Turner, I. Karube, and G. S. Wilson, “Biosensors-Fundamental and Application,” Oxford University Press, New York, 1987.
-  C. Bourdillion, C. Demaille, J. Gueris, J. Moiroux, and J. M. Saveant, “A fully active monolayer enzyme electrode derivatized by antigen-antibody attachment,” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 115, pp. 12246-12269, 1993.
-  C. Bourdillion, C. Demaille, J. Gueris, J. Moiroux, and J. M. Saveant, “Step-by-step immunological construction of a fully active multilayer enzyme electrode,” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 116, pp. 10328-10329, 1994.
-  S. J. Updike and G. P. Hicks, “The enzyme electrode,” Nature, 214, pp. 986-988, 1967.
-  R. M. Ianniello, T. J. Lindsey, and A. M. Yacynych, “Immobilized xanthine oxidase chemically modified electrode as a dual analytical sensor,” Anal. Chem., 54, pp. 1980-1984, 1982.
-  S. P. Fulton, C. L. Cooney, and J. C. Weaver, “Thermal enzyme probe with differential temperature measurements in a laminar flowthrough cell,” Anal. Chem., 52, pp. 505-508, 1980.
-  B. J. Tromberg, M. J. Sepaniak, T. Vo-Dinh, and G. D. Griffin, “Fiber-optic chemical sensors for competitive binding fluoroimmunoassay,” Anal. Chem., 59, pp. 1226-1230, 1987.
-  I. Ben-Dov, I. Willner, and E. Zisman, “Piezoelectric immunosensors for urine specimens of chlamydia trachomatis employing quartz crystal microbalance microgravimetric analyses,” Anal. Chem., 69, pp. 3506-3512, 1997.
-  G. G. Guilbault, “Determination of formaldehyde with an enzymecoated piezoelectric crystal detector,” Anal. Chem., 55, pp. 1682-1684, 1983.
-  J. Hendrikse, W. Olthuis, and P. Bergveld, “The MOSFET as an oxygen sensor: constant current potentiometry,” Sensors and Actuators, B59, pp. 35-41, 1990.
-  A. B. Kharitonov, M. Zayats, A. Lichtenstein, E. Katz, and I. Willner, “Enzyme monolayer-functionalized field-effect transistors for biosensor applications,” Sensors and Actuators, B70, pp. 222-231, 2000.
-  C. Bartric, B. Palan, A. Campitelli, and S. Borghs, “A simple pH detector based on an organic feld-effect transistor,” Transdusers’01 – Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 1250-1253, 2001.
-  A. L. Simonian, J. K. Grimsley, A. W. Flounders, J. S. Schoeniger, T. C. Cheng, J. J. DeFrank, and J. R. Wild, “Enzyme-based biosensor for the direct detection of fluorine-containing organophosphates,” Analytica Chemica Acta, 442, pp. 15-23, 2001.
-  C. E. Jordan and R. M. Corn, “Surface plasmon resonance imaging measurements of electrostatic biopolymer adsorption onto chemically modified gold surfaces,” Anal. Chem., 69, pp. 1449-1456, 1997.
-  S. V. Dzyadevych, A. P. Soldatkin, Y. I. Korpan, V. N. Arkhypova, A. V. El’skaya, J. M. Chovelon, C. Martelet, and N. J. Renault, “Biosensors based on enzyme field-effect transistors for determination of some substrates and inhibitors,” Anal. and Bio. Chem., 377, pp. 496-506, 2003.
-  K. Ooe, Y. Hamamoto, T. Iuchi, and Y. Hirano, “Evaluation of MOSFET type biosensor using glucose oxidase,” Proc. of SPIE 4937, pp. 98-106, 2002.
-  S. Caras and J. Janata, “Field effect transistor sensitive to penicillin,” Anal. Chem., 52, pp. 1935-1937, 1980.
-  A. A. Shul’ga, A. C. Sandrovsky, V. I. Strikha, A. P. Soldatkin, N. F. Starodub, and A. V. El’skaya, “Overall characterization of ISFETbased glucose biosensor,” Sensors and Actuators, B10, pp. 41-46, 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.