Wheel-Based Stair Climbing Robot with Hopping Mechanism - Fast Stair Climbing and Soft Landing Using Vibration of 2-DOF System -
Keisuke Sakaguchi*, Takayuki Sudo**, Naoki Bushida*,
Yasuhiro Chiba*, Yuji Asai*, and Koki Kikuchi***
*Dept. of Mechanical Science and Engineering, Chiba Institute of Technology, 2-17-1 Tsudanuma, Narashino, Chiba 275-0016, Japan
**Mitsubishi Electric Systems and Service Co., LTD., 4-1-1 Taishido, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 154-8520, Japan
***Dept. of Advanced Robotics, Chiba Institute of Technology, 2-17-1 Tsudanuma, Narashino, Chiba 275-0016, Japan
-  Y. Uchida, K. Furuichi, and S. Hirose, “Fundamental Performance of 6 Wheeled Off-Road Vehicle HELIOS-V,” Proc. IEEE, Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2336-2341, 1999.
-  H. W. Stone, “Mars Pathfinder Microrover-a Small, Low-Cost, Low-Power Spacecraft,” Proc. of the 1996 AIAA Forum on Advanced Developments in Space Robotics, Madison, WI, 1996.
-  S. Nakajima, E. Nakano, and T. Takahashi, “Motion Control Technique for Practical Use of a Leg-Wheel Robot on Unknown Outdoor Rough Terrains,” Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.1, pp. 1353-1358, 2004.
-  S. Hirose, F. E. Fukushima, R. Damoto, and H. Nakamoto, “Design of Terrain Adaptive Versatile Crawler Vehicle HELIOS-VI,” Proc. of the 2001 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1540-1545, 2001.
-  T. Takubo, T. Arai, K. Inoue, T. Tsurutani, Y. Hayashibara, and E. Koyanagi, “Development of Limb Mechanism Robot ASTERISK,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.2, 2006.
-  R. Altendorfer, E. Z. Moore, H. Komsuoglu, M. Buehler, H. Brown, D. McMordie, U. Saranli, R. Full, and D. E. Koditschek, “A Biologically Inspired Hexapod Runner,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.11, pp. 207-213, 2001.
-  M. Mori and S. Hirose, “Development of Active Cord Mechanism ACM-R3 with Agile 3D mobility,” Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. On Intelligent Robot and Systems, pp. 1552-1557, 2001.
-  E. Nakano, H. Okubo, and H. Kobayashi, “The Landing Control of a Jumping Machine,” J. of RSJ, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 169-176, 1991 (in Japanese).
-  M. D. Berkemeier and R. S. Fearing, “Siliding and Hopping Gaits for the Underactuated Acrobot,” IEEE Transaction on Robotics and Automation, Vol.14, No.4, pp. 629-634, 1998.
-  S. Shimoda, T. Kubota, and I. Nakatani, “New Mobility System Based on Elastic Energy under Microgravity,” Proc. Of the 2002 IEEE Int. Conf. On Robotics and Automation, pp. 2296-2301, 2002.
-  Y. Sugiyama, A. Shiotsu, M. Yamanaka, and S. Hirai, “Circular/Spherical Robots for Crawling and Jumping,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. On Robotics and Automation, pp. 3606-3611, 2005.
-  S. A. Stoeter and N. Papanikolopoulos, “Kinematic Motion Model for Jumping Scout Robot,” IEEE Transaction on Robotics, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 398-403, 2006.
-  K. Tani and M. Shirai, “A jumping machine using the energy stored in springs,” Proc. IFToMM-jc International Symposium on Theory of Machines and Mechanisms, pp. 265-270, 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2007 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.