Future Haptic Science Encyclopedia: Realistic Stable Haptic Interaction with Highly Deformable Objects Using HIRO-II
Osama Halabi*, Vytautas Daniulaitis**, Haruhisa Kawasaki***,
Tetsuya Mouri***, and Yoshio Ohtuka***
*Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Engineering, Iwate University, 4-3-5 Ueda, Morioka 020-8551, Japan
**System Analysis Department, Kaunas University of Technology, Studentu 50-403a, Kaunas LT-50250, Lithuania
***Department of Human Information System, Gifu University, 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
-  S. A. Wall, and W. S. Harwin, “Design of a Multiple Contact Point Haptic Interface,” In Proc. of Eurohaptics 2001, University of Birmingham, 2001.
-  Y. Adachi, T. Kumano, and K. Ogino, “Intermediate representation for stiff virtual objects,” in IEEE Virtual Reality Annual Intl. Symposium, Research Triangle Park, N. Carolina, pp. 203-210, 1995.
-  W. Mark, S. Randolph, M. Finch, J. Van Verth, and R. Taylor, “Adding force feedback to graphics systems: Issues and solutions,” In Computer Graphics: Proceedings of SIGGRAPH’96, pp. 447-452, 1996.
-  R. Balaniuk, “Using fast local modeling to buffer haptic data,” In Proceedings of Fourth PHANTOM Users Group Workshop-P UG99, 1999.
-  C. Zilles, and J. Salisbury, “A constraint-based god-object method for haptic display,” In Proc. IEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Human Robot Interaction and Cooperative Robots, Vol.3, pp. 146-151, 1996.
-  D. C. Ruspini, K. Kolarov, and O. Khatib, “The haptic display of complex graphical environments,” In SIGGRAPH conference, ACMSIGGRAPH; pp. 345-352, 1997.
-  F. Barbagli, D. Prattichizzo, and K. Salisbury, “Multirate analysis of haptic interaction stability with deformable objects,” Proceeding of the 41st IEEE conference on Decision and Control, pp. 917-922, 2002.
-  C. Mendoza, and C. Laugier, “Realistic haptic rendering for highly deformable virtual objects,” Virtual Reality Conference, pp. 264-269, 2001.
-  M. C. Cavusoglu, and F. Tendick, “Multirate simulation for highfidelity haptic interaction with deformable objects in virtual environments,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robot. Autom, pp. 2458-2464, 2000.
-  H. Kawasaki, T. Mouri, M. O. Alhalabi, Y. Sugihashi, Y. Ohtuka, S. Ikenohata, K. Kigaku, V. Daniulaitis, K. Hamada, and T. Suzuki, “Development of Five-Fingered Haptic Interface: HIRO II,” Proc. of ICAT 2005, Christchurch, New Zealand, pp. 209-214, 2005.
-  T. Mouri, H. Kawasaki, K. Yoshikawa, J. Takai, and S. Ito, “Anthropomorphic Robot Hand: Gifu Hand III,” Proc. of Int. Conf. ICCAS2002, Korea, pp. 1288-1293, 2002.
-  The 2005 World Exposition, Aichi, Japan.
-  S. Cotin, H. Delingette, and N. Ayache, “Real-Time Elastic Deformations of Soft Tissues for Surgery Simulation,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 62-73, 1999.
-  M. O. Alhalabi, V. Daniulaitis, H. Kawasaki, and T. Hori, “Medical Training Simulation for Palpation of Subsurface Tumor Using HIRO,” Proceedings of worldHAPTICS, Pisa, Italy, pp. 623-624, 2005.
-  V. Daniulaitis, M. O. Alhalabi, H. Kawasaki, Y. Tanaka, and T. Hori, “Medical palpation of deformable tissue using physics-based model for Haptic Interface RObot (HIRO),” Proc. of IROS2004, Sendai, pp. 3907-3911, 2004.
-  M. O. Alhalabi, V. Daniulaitis, H. Kawasaki, Y. Tanaka, and T. Hori, “Haptic interaction rendering technique for HIRO: an opposite human hand haptic interface,” Proceedings of EuroHaptics 2004, Munich, Germany, pp. 459-462, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.