User-Friendly Acceleration/Deceleration Control of Electric-Powered Wheelchair
Toru Oshima, and Noboru Momose
Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Toyama Prefectural University, 5180 Kurogawa, Imizu, Toyama 939-0398, Japan
-  R. A. Cooper, “Rehabilitation Engineering Applied to Mobility and Manipulation,” Institute of Physics Publishing, pp. 291-336, 1995.
-  G. Stepan, “Nonlinear Dynamics of Joystick Controlled Machines,” Periodica Polytechnica Ser. Mech. Eng., 35, 1, pp. 89-90, 1991.
-  F. Fujii, and K. Wada, “Control System Design for ‘Easy-to-manipulate’ Electrically Powered Wheelchair,” Transaction of The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, 66, 645, pp. 229-235, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  T. Oshima, and N. Momose, “A Method for Improvement of Joystick Operatability Considering with Stiffness,” Life Support, 12, 3, pp. 2-7, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  R. Simpson, E. L. Presti, S. Hayashi, I. Noubakhsh, and D. Miller, “The Smart Wheelchair Component system,” Journal of Rehabilitaion Research and Development, 41, 3B, pp. 429-442, 2004.
-  Y. Takahashi, T. Takagaki, J. Kishi, and Y. Ishii, “Back and Forward Moving Scheme of Front Wheel Raising for Inverse Pendulum,” Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 21-26, 2001.
-  S. Oh, N. Hata, and Y. Hori, “Proposal of Human-friendly Motion Control and its Application to Wheelchair,” The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers Annual Conference 2004 Proceedings, pp. 2214-2219, 2004.
-  F. Fujii, and K.Wada, “Control System Design for the Electric Powered Wheelchairs with the Consideration of the Users’ Manipulability –Robust Controller Design with Pre-specified Performance Against Interval Matrix Uncertainties–,” Journal of the Robotic Society of Japan, 19, 6, pp. 760-765, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  S. Shimada, K. Ishimura, and M. Wada, “The Evaluation of Agreement Between Dynamics of Electric Wheelchair and Human Behavior,” Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 434-442, 2004.
-  F. Wang, K. Sagawa, and H. Inooka, “A Study of the Relationship between the Longitudinal Acceleration / Deceleration of automobiles and ride comfort,” Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, 36, 4, pp. 191-199, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  J. Obara, K. Uchida, Y. Ueno, and K. Hatta, “Measurement of Human Body,” Japan Publication Service, pp. 64-66, 1992 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.