Vertical Planar Underactuated Manipulation Using a Gravity Compensation Mechanism
Yoshiki Ono*, and Toshio Morita**
*Graduate School of Science and Technology, Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama 223-8522, Japan
**Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Keio University
-  K. J. Astrom, and K. Furuta, “Swinging up a pendulum by energy control,” Automatica, pp. 287-295, 2000.
-  M. Spong, “The swing up control problem for the acrobot,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 49-55, 1995.
-  A. De Luca, and G. Oriolo, “Stabilization of the Acrobot via Iterative State Steering,” Proc. of the 1998 IEEE/ICRA, Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3581-3587, 1998.
-  T. Suzuki, and Y. Nakamura, “Control of Nonholonomic Free-Joint manipulators with One Actuator,” Proc. of the 2000 IEEE/IROS, Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 127-132, 2000.
-  T. Suzuki, and Y. Nakamura, “Controllability of 3-dof manipulator with a passive joint under a nonholonomic constraint,” Proc. of the 1996 IEEE/ICRA, Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3707-3713, 1996.
-  N. Shiroma, H. Arai, and K. Tanie, “Nonholonomic Motion Planning for Coupled Planar Rigid Bodies with Passive Revolute Joints,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Enineers (C), Vol.66, No.642, pp. 553-560, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  H. Arai, K. Tanie, and N. Shiroma, “Nonholonomic Control of a Three-DOF Planar Underactuated Manipulator,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.14, No.5, pp. 681-695, 1998.
-  S. Hirose, and R. Chu, “Development of a Lightweight Torque Limiting M-Drive Actuator for Hyper-Redundant Manipulator Float Arm,” Proc. of the 1999 IEEE/ICRA, Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 2831-2836, 1999.
-  E. Paljug, T. Ohm, and S. Hayati, “The JPL serpentine Robot; a 12-DOF System for Inspection,” Proc. of the 1995 IEEE/ICRA, Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 3143-3148, 1995.
-  T. Morita, F. Kuribara, Y. Shiozawa, and S. Sugano, “A Novel Mechanism Design for Gravity Compensation in Three Dimensional Space,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE/ASME, Int. Conf. on AIM, pp. 163-168, 2003.
-  S. Hirose, “Design of Hyper-Redundant Arm,” The 7th International Symposium of Robotics Research, pp. 548-557, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.