Stiffness Teaching and Motion Assist System Using Functional Electrical Stimulation and Electromyogram Signals
Masaaki Uechi, Yutaka Naito, Duk Shin,
Makoto Sato, and Yasuharu Koike
Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta-cho, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
-  T. Koyama, K. Yamafuji, and T. Tanaka, “Development and Motion Control of a Wearable-Human Assisting Robot for Nursing Use,” JSME International Journal Series C, Vol.67, No.651, pp. 3679-3684, 2000.
-  S. Lee, and Y. Sankai, “Power Assist Control for Walking Aid with HAL-3 Based on EMG and Impedance Adjustment around Knee Joint,” Proc. of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2002), pp. 1499-1504 (CD-ROM), 2002.
-  T. Noristugu, T. Tanaka, and T. Yamanaka, “Application of Rubber Artificial Muscle Manipulator as a Rehabilitation Robot,” Proceeding of IEEE International Workshop on Robot and Human Communication, pp. 112-117, 1996.
-  H. Kobayashi, J. Aoki, H. Hosono, T. Matsushita, Y. Ishida, K. Kikuchi, and M. Koseki, “Concept of Wear-type Muscular Support Apparatus (Muscle Suit),” Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3236-3241, 2002.
-  M. F. Kelly, P. A. Parker, and R. N. Scott, “The Application of Neural Networks to Myoelectric Signal Analysis: A preliminary study,” IEEE Trans. Biomedical Eng., Vol.37, No.3, pp. 221-230, 1990.
-  O. Fukuda, T. Tsuji, and M. Kaneko, “A Human Supporting Manipulator Based on Manual Control Using EMG Signals,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 387-394, 2000.
-  A. Hiraiwa, N. Uchida, K. Shimohara, and N. Sonehara, “Neural Network Recognition of Electro-Encephalogram Patterns Preceding Voluntary Movements,” Electronics and Communications in Japan, Part 3, Vol.80, No.7, pp. 65-73, 1997.
-  Y. Koike, O. Shimada, T. Shin, and M. Sato, “Direct Arm Impedance Estimation Using Surface EMG Signals,” Neuroscience 2002, Orlando Florida USA, 2002.
-  R. Davoodi, and B. J. Andrews, “Optimal control of FES-assisted standing up in paraplegia using genetic algorithms,” Med. Eng. Phys., Vol.21, pp. 609-617, 1999.
-  T. Watanabe, H. Iibuchi, K. Kurosawa, and N. Hoshimiya, “Wrist joint control by multichannel closed-loop FES system,” Electronics and Communications in Japan, Part 2, J85-D II-2, pp. 319-328, 2002.
-  K. Kubo, K. Fujita, N. Itakura, Y. Iguchi, and H. Minamitani, “Disturbance Suppression on Two Joints Controller Using FES with Antagonist Muscle Stiffness Control,” Electronics and Communications in Japan, Part 2, J74-DII-2, pp. 274-281, 1991.
-  T. Iwami, H. Miura, K. Hasegawa, A. Nakayama, G. Obinata, K. Miyawaki, and Y. Yanagihara, “A New Bilateral Teleoperator with Force Reflection using Functional Electrical Stimulation,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.20, No.8, pp. 66-73, 2002.
-  T. Tsuji, T. Shimazaki, and M. Kaneko, “Analysis of Human Perception Ability for Robot Impedance,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 58-64, 2002.
-  L. A. Jones, and I. W. Hunter, “A perceptual analysis of viscosity,” Experimental Brain Research, Vol.94, No.2, pp. 343-351, 1993.
-  N. Yoshida, K. Domen, Y. Koike, and M. Kawato, “A method for estimating torque-vector directions of shoulder muscles using surface EMGs,” Biological Cybernetics, Vol.86, pp. 167-177, 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.