Robotic Laser Surgery with λ=2.8μm Microlaser in Neurosurgery
Shigeru Omori*,***, Yoshihiro Muragaki*, Ichiro Sakuma**,
and Hiroshi Iseki*
*Faculty of Advanced Technosurgery, Institute of Advanced Biomedical Engineering and Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, 8-1 Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8666, Japan
**Institute of Environmental Studies, Graduate School of Frontier Science, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
***R&D Center, Terumo Corporation, 1500 Inokuchi, Nakai-machi, Ashigarakami-gun, Kanagawa 259-0151, Japan
-  The Committee of Brain Tumor Registry of Japan: Report of brain tumor registry of Japan (1969-1993), 10th ed., Neurologica medico-chirurgica. Supplement, 40:54, 2000.
-  Iseki H. et al, “Intraoperative examinations for tumors required in the neurosurgical operating theater of the 21st century,” J. Journ. of Neurosurg. 11 (8): 508, 2002.
-  Muragaki Y. et al., “Intraoperative brain mapping and intraoperative MRI for glioma surgery,” Brain Med. 13 (3): 255, 2001.
-  Iseki H. et al., “New possibilities for stereotaxis information-guided stereotaxis,” Stereotac. and Func. Neurosurg. 76: 159, 2001.
-  Iseki H. et al., “Neurosurgen in open MRI operating theater,” New Horiz. for Med. 36 (1): 111, 2003 (Japanese)
-  M. H. Goetz et al., “Computer-guided laser probe for ablation of brain tumors with ultrashort laser pulses,” Phys. in Med. and Biol. 44: N119, 1999.
-  Goto T. et al., “Feasibility of using the potassium titanyl phosphate laser with micromanipulators in robotic neurosurgery: a preliminary study in the rat,” Journ. of Neurosurg. 98: 131, 2003.
-  Bayly J. G., et al, “The absorption spectra of liquid phase H2O, HDO, and D2O from 0.7µm to 10µm,” Infrar. Phys. 3, 211, 1963.
-  Omori S., “2.8µm microlaser for therapy,” Proc. 36th Conf., J. Soc. of Med. Electron. and Biolog. Eng., 417, 1997.
-  Omori S., “λ = 2.8µm solid-state microlaser,” Rep. on the 289th Top. Meet. of Laser Soc. of Japan, 52, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.