Bridge Slab Damage Detection by Signal Processing of UHF-Band Ground Penetrating Radar Data
Tsukasa Mizutani*,†, Nagisa Nakamura*, Takahiro Yamaguchi*, Minoru Tarumi**, Yusuke Ando**, and Ikuo Hara**
*The University of Tokyo, The Department of Civil Engineering, Tokyo, Japan
**The Department of Geophysical Survey, C. E. Management Integrated Laboratory Co. Ltd., Osaka, Japan
-  Kensetsugyou Shinkou Web Magazine, http://www.shinko-web.jp/economic/000673.html [in Japanese, accessed Jan. 6, 2017]
-  Office of the Assistant Secretary and Technology Bureau of Transportation Statistics: National Transportation Statistics Table 1-28: Condition of U.S. Highway Bridges, http://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/rita.dot.gov.bts/files/publications/national_transportation_statistics/html/table_01_28.html [accessed Jan. 6, 2017]
-  K. Maser and W. Roddis, “Principles of Thermography and Radar for Bridge Deck Assessment,” J. of Transportation Engineering, Vol.116, No.5, pp. 583-601, 1990.
-  D. M. McCann and M. C. Forde, “Review of NDT methods in the assessment of concrete and masonry structures,” NDT&E Int., Vol.34, pp. 71-84, 2001.
-  P. Chang and S. Liu, “Recent Research in Nondestructive Evaluation of Civil Infrastructures,” J. of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 298-304, 2003.
-  S. Lee, N. Kalos, and D. H. Shin, “Non-Destructive methods in the U.S. for Bridge Inspection and Maintenance,” KSCE J. of Civil Engineering Vol. 18, No.5, 2014.
-  M. Sansalone and N. J. Carino, “Detecting Delamination in Concrete Slabs with and without Overlays Using the Impact-Echo Method,” ACI Materials J., Vol.86, No.2, pp. 175-184, 1989.
-  D. Huston, J. Q. Hu, K. Maser, W. Weedon, and C. Adam, “GIMA Ground Penetrating Radar System for Monitoring Concrete Bridge Decks,” J. of Applied Geophysics, Vol.43, pp. 139-146, 2000.
-  A. P. Annan, “GPR-History, Trends, Future Development,” Subsurface Sensing Technologies and Applications, Vol.3, No.4, 2002.
-  M. A. H. El Said, “Geophysical Prospection of Underground Water in the Desert by Means of Electromagnetic Interference Fringes,” Pro.I.R.E, Vol.44, pp. 24-30, 1956.
-  L. Peters, J. J. Daniels, and J. D. Young, “Ground Penetrating Radar as a Subsurface Environmental Sensing Tool,” Procs. of IEEE, Vol.82, No.12, pp. 1802-1822, 1994.
-  S. Matsui, “Fatigue strength of RC-slabs of highway bridge by wheel running machine and influence of water on fatigue,” Procs. of JCI, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 627-632, 1987.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.