Wide-Area Evacuation Simulation Incorporating Rescue and Firefighting by Local Residents
Toshihiro Osaragi and Takuya Oki†
Tokyo Institute of Technology
2-12-1-W8-10, O-okayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
-  T. Oki and T. Osaragi, “Modeling Human Behavior of Local Residents in the Aftermath of a Large Earthquake: Wide-area Evacuation, Rescue and Firefighting in Densely Built-up Wooden Residential Areas,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 188-197, 2016.
-  T. Oki, T. Osaragi, and N. Hirokawa, “Effects and Risk of Rescue and Firefighting by Local Residents in a Large Earthquake,” Papers and Proc. of the Geographic Information Systems Association, Vol. 25, C-4-1, 2016 (in Japanese).
-  T. Oki and T. Osaragi, “Wide-area Evacuation Difficulty in Densely-built Wooden Residential Areas,” Proc. of the ISCRAM 2016 Conf., 2016.
-  O. Murao and F. Yamazaki, “Development of Fragility Curves for Buildings Based on Damage Survey Data of a Local Government after the 1995 Hyogoken-nanbu Earthquake,” J. of Struct. and Const. Eng., No. 527, pp. 189-196, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Gorvernment, “Estimation of Earthquake Damage in Tokyo,” 2012 (in Japanese), http://www.bousai.metro.tokyo.jp/taisaku/1000902/1000401.html [accessed Sep. 13, 2016].
-  F. Ichikawa, T. Sakata, and T. Yoshikawa, “An analysis of accessibility to spaces for disaster refuge considering danger of street-blockades caused by collapse of buildings on evacuation routes,” Theory and Appl. of GIS, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 47-56, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  N. Hirokawa and T. Osaragi, “Earthquake Disaster Simulation System: Integration of Models for Building Collapse, Road Blockage, and Fire Spread,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 175-187, 2016.
-  T. Mabuchi, M. Kaneko, S. Takamiya, and Y. Nakao, “Estimation Method of the Amount of Disaster Debris on Streets”, Proc. of the JAEE Annual Meeting, Japan Assoc. for Earthq. Eng., pp. 346-347, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Tokyo Fire Department, “Provision and Elucidation of New Factor of Fire and Fire Spread Behavior Considering Inland Earthquakes,” The 12th Report of Fire Prevention Council, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  Tokyo Fire Department, “Provision and Elucidation of Risk Factor after Large Earthquake in Civilization,” The 16th Report of Fire Prevention Council, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Tokyo Fire Department, “Measures to Reduce Human Damage from Fires after Earthquakes,” The 21st Report of Fire Prevention Council, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  Tokyo Fire Department, “Development and Application of Evaluation Method for Preventing Ability of Earthquake Fire,” The 14th Report of Fire Prevention Council, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, “Developments of Technology and Evaluation Index of Disaster Mitigation for Planning Local Areas,” 2003 (in Japanese).
-  T. Iwami, I. Hagiwara, N. Ishii, and W. Katsumata, “A Fundamental Study on the Relationships between Street Space Conditions and Fire Safety in a City”, Summ. of technical papers of Annual Meeting Archit. Inst. of Japan, F-1, pp. 589-590, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  H. Takeda, H. Murakami, Y. Ohta, Y. Kuwata, and S. Takada, “Comparison of Occupant Entrapment in Higashinada Wand and Hokudan Town in the 1995 Hyogo-ken Nanbu Earthquake,” Proc. of the Annual Conf. of the Inst. of Soc. Safety Sci., No. 11, pp. 49-52, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Ohta, M. Koyama, and Y. Watoh, “Attempt of Figuring Life Span Characteristics after an Earthquake: Revision and Supplement – In Case of the Hyougoken-Nanbu Earthquake–,” Reports of Tono Res. Inst. Earthq. Sci., Seq. 7, pp. 93-100, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  T. Furuya and S. Sadohara, “Modelling and Simulation of Rescue Activity by the Local Residents in the Seismic Disaster,” ESRI Int. User Conf., 2004.
-  Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology, “Physical Fitness and Athletic Performance Tests,” 2013 (in Japanese).
-  Tokyo Fire Department, “Provision for Earthquake That Should Be Immediately Implemented in Densely-built Wooden Residential Areas in Order to Achieve Objectives for Disaster Mitigation,” The 19th Report of Fire Prevention Council, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  T. Osaragi, “Estimating Spatio-Temporal Distribution of Railroad Users and Its Application to Disaster Prevention Planning,” AGILE Conf. on Geographic Information Science, Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography, Advances in GIScience, Springer, pp. 233-250, 2009.
-  T. Osaragi and T. Hoshino, “Predicting Spatiotemporal Distribution of Transient Occupants in Urban Areas,” Bridging the Geographic Information Sciences. Heidelberg, Springer International Publishing, pp. 307-325, 2012.
-  T. Osaragi, “Spatiotemporal Distribution of Automobile Users: Estimation Method and Applications to Disaster Mitigation Planning,” 12th Int. Conf. on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM 2015), Proc. of the ISCRAM 2015 Conf., 2015.
-  Y. Nishida, “Fire-spreading and Evacuation in Great Kanto Earthquake,” Historical Earthquakes, No. 24, p. 166, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “Disaster Preparedness Tokyo,” Evacuation Flow Chart, pp. 40-41, 2015, http://www.metro.tokyo.jp/ENGLISH/GUIDE/BOSAI/FILES/01_Simulation_of_a_Major_Earthquake.pdf [accessed Sep. 14, 2016].
-  A. Willis, N. Gjersoe, C. Havard, J. Kerridge, and R. Kukla, “Human Movement Behaviour in Urban Spaces: Implications for the Design and Modelling of Effective Pedestrian Environments,” Environment and Plann. B: Plann. and Design 2004, Vol. 31, No. 6, pp. 805-828, 2004.
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “Present Situation of Disaster Prevention Projects by Municipalities,” 2011 (in Japanese).
-  S. Midorikawa, K. Fujimoto, and I. Muramatsu, “Correlation of New J.M.A. Instrumental Seismic Intensity with Former J.M.A. Seismic Intensity and Ground Motion Parameters,” J. of Soc. Safety Sci., No. 1, pp. 51-56, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  K. Fujimoto and S. Midorikawa, “Empirical Relationship between JMA Instrumental Seismic Intensity and Ground Motion Parameters Considering the Effect of Earthquake Magnitude,” J. of JAEE, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 1-11, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  T. Osaragi, T. Oki, and N. Hirokawa, “Activities of Local Residents: Rescue, Firefighting, and Wide-Area Evacuation,” Papers of Fire Prevention Research Committee of 2016 Annual Meeting Archit. Inst. of Japan: City Fire and Evacuation Simulation, pp. 3-12, 2016 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.