Real-Time Simulation of Dynamic Traffic Flow with Traffic Data Assimilation Approach
Yosuke Kawasaki, Yusuke Hara, Takuma Mitani, and Masao Kuwahara
Graduate School of Information Sciences, Tohoku University
6-6-06 Aramaki aza aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8579, Japan
-  Y. Hara and M. Kuwahara, “Traffic Monitoring immediately after a major natural disaster as revealed by probe data, – ,A case in Ishinomaki after the Great East Japan Earthquake,” Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Vol.75, pp. 1–15, 2015.
-  M. L. John, S. Lakshmivarahan, and S. K. Dhall, “Dynamic Data Assimilation: A Least Squares Approach,” CAMBRIDGE, 2006.
-  C.F. Daganzo, “On the Variational Theory of Traffic Flow: well-posedness, duality and applications,” Networks and Heterogeneous Media, Vol.1, No.4, pp. 601–619, 2006.
-  B. Mehran, M. Kuwahara, and F. Naznin, “Implementing kinematic wave theory to reconstruct vehicle trajectories from fixed and probe sensor data,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 144–163, 2012.
-  B. Mehran and M. Kuwahara, “Fusion of probe and fixed sensor data for short-term traffic prediction in urban signalized arterials,” Int. Journal of Urban Sciences, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 163–183, 2013.
-  H. Chen and H.A. Rakha, “Real-time travel time prediction using particle filtering with a non-explicit state-transition model,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol.43, No.1, pp. 112–126, 2014.
-  C. Dong, C. Shao, S.H. Richards, and L.D. Han, “Flow rate and time mean speed predictions for the urban freeway network using state space model,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol.43, No.1, pp. 20–32, 2014.
-  C.G. Claudel and A.M. Bayen, “Convex Formulations of Data Assimilation Problems for a Class of Hamilton-Jacobi Equations,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol.49, No.2, pp. 383–402, 2011.
-  W. Deng, H. Lei, and X. Zhou, “Traffic state estimation and uncertainty quantification based on heterogeneous data sources: A three detector approach,” Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Vol.57, pp. 132–157, 2013.
-  Y. Yuan, A. Duret, and H. van Lint, “Mesoscopic Traffic State Estimation based on a Variational Formulation of the LWR Model in Lagrangian-space Coordinates and Kalman Filter,” Transportation Research Procedia, Vol.10, pp. 82–92, 2015.
-  A. Nantes, D. Ngoduy, A. Bhaskar, M. Miska, and E. Chung, “Real-time traffic state estimation in urban corridors from heterogeneous data,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol.61, 2015.
-  A.D. Patire, M. Wright, B. Prodhomme, and A. M. Bayen, “How much GPS data do we need?,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol.58, pp. 325–342, 2015.
-  E.I. Vlahogianni, M.G. Karlaftis, and J.C. Golias, “Short-term traffic forecasting: Where we are and where we’re going,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol.43, No.1, pp. 3–19, 2014.
-  G. Kitagawa, “Monte Carlo Filter and Smoother for Non-Gaussian Nonlinear State Space Models,” Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 1–25, 1996.
-  J. Han, M. Kamber, and J. Pei, “DATA MINING Concepts and Techniques Third Edition,” The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.