Analysis of Ideal Directions of Climate Change Adaptation and Problems in Implementing Them for Local Japanese Governments
Nobuo Shirai and Mitsuru Tanaka
4342 Aihara, Machida, Tokyo 194-0298, Japan
The following problems in implementing measures from the “Japan local Forum for Climate Change Adaptation Society” were found:
(1) Prediction and evaluation of climate change impacts, (2) Concretization and evaluation of adaptation measures, (3) Communication and subject formation and (4) Implementation of the measures and preparation of conditions.
In the future, it is necessary to concretize additional adaptation measures at the research level, to share these additional adaptation measures with concerned parties and to promote the exchange of opinions.
-  Ministry of the Environment, “Wise Adaptation to Climate Change,” 2008.
-  Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan Meteorological Agency,and Ministry of the Environment, “Synthesis Report on Observations, Projections, and Impact Assessments of Climate Change,” 2009.
-  Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan Meteorological Agency,and Ministry of the Environment, “Synthesis Report on Observations, Projections, and Impact Assessments of Climate Change,” 2013.
-  Ministry of the Environment, “Approaches to Climate Change Adaptation,” 2010.
-  Ministry of the Environment, “the fourth the Basic Environment Plan,” 2012.
-  M. Tanaka, N. Shirai, T. Yamamoto, and H. Kimura, “Isuues and Trend on Global Warming Adaptation Policy in Japanese Local Goverments,” Proc. of 39th annual meeting of Environmental Systems Research, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 309-314, 2014.
-  N. Shirai and K. Baba, “The situation and barriers on the implementation of climate change adaptation in local governments of Japan,” Environmental science, Vol.27, No.5, pp. 324-334, 2014.
-  M. Tanaka, M. Ogawa, H. Kuga, T. Hamad, and H. Tanaka, “The Guideline of the Climate Change Adaptation for Local Government : The Procedure and Method of Working on Adaptation Measures,” Proc. of the 20th symposium Global Environmental, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 137-142, 2012.
-  N. Shirai, K. Kajii, M. Ogawa, and M. Tanaka, “Developing Indices for Mo nitoring the Impacts of Global Warming and Adaptation: Attention to Vulnerability Concepts,” Proc. of the 19th symposium Global Environmental, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 1-6, 2011.
-  H. Matsuda , “Ecological risk science for beginners,” Kyoritsu Shuppan, 2008
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.