Strength and Deformation of Confined Brick Masonry Walls Subjected to Lateral Forces – Review of Existing Test Data in Japan and Peru –
Shunsuke Sugano*, Taiki Saito**, Carlos Zavala***,
and Lourdes Cardenas***
*Building Research Institute, 1 Tachihara, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0802, Japan
**Toyohashi Institute of Technology, Toyohashi, Japan
***Centro Peruano Japonés de Investigaciones Sísmicas y Mitigación de Desastres (CISMID), Lima, Peru
-  H. Kato, T. Goto, and H. Mizuno, “Cyclic loading test of confined masonry wall elements for structural design development of apartment houses in the Third World,” Proceedings of the Tenth World Conference on Earthquake Engineering (10WCEE),Madrid, Spain, 1992.
-  K. Yoshimura and K. T. Kim, “Experimental Study for Higher Seismic Performance of Confined Brick Masonry Walls,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering, Architectural Institute of Japan, No.571, pp. 169-176, Sept. 2003 (in Japanese).
-  K. Yoshimura, K. Kikuchi, M. Kuroki, H. Nonaka, K. T. Kim, and A. Oshikata, “Experimental Study for Developing Higher Seismic Performance of Brick Masonry Walls,” Proceedings of the 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering (13WCEE), Vancouver, Canada, August 2004.
-  C. Zavala, P. Gibu, C. Homma, L. Chang, and G. Huaco, “Comportamiento Frente a Cargas Laterales de una Vivienda de Albañileria de Dos Pisos Mediante Ensayo en Linea,” Proceedings of the XIV Congreso Nacional de Ingenieria Civil – Iquitos, Peru, 2003 (in Spanish).
-  C. Zavala, C. Homma, P. Gibu, and G. Huaco, “Sesimic Behavior of Two Stories Masonry Building,” Proceedings of Japan-Peru Workshop on Earthquake Disaster Mitigation, Lima, 2005.
-  R. Salinas, F. Lázares, “La Alnañilería Tubular y su Uso en Viviendas en Zona Sísimicas,” Proc. of the Conferncia Internacianal en Ingenieria Sísmica, Agost, 2007 (in Spanish).
-  Japan Building Disaster Prevention Association, “Standard for Seismic Evaluation of Existing Reinforced Concrete Buildings, 2001 and Guidelines for Seismic Retrofit of Existing Reinforced Concrete Buildings, 2001,” English Version, 1st, January, 2005.
-  Architecrural Institute of Japan, “Ultimate Strength and Deformation Capacity of Buildings in Seismic Design (1990),” October, 1990 (in Japanese).
-  A. Matsumura, “Shear Strength of Reinforced Masonry Walls, Proceedings of the 9th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, pp. VI-121-126, Tokyo, Kyoto, 1988.
-  M. Tomii and M. Takeuchi, “The Relations between the Deformed Angle and the Shearing Force Ratio (0.80 – 1.00) with Regard to 200 Shear Walls,” Transaction of Architectural Institute of Japan, No.153, November 1968.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.