A New Ground Motion Prediction Equation for Japan Applicable up to M9 Mega-Earthquake
Nobuyuki Morikawa and Hiroyuki Fujiwara
National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, Tennodai 3-1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0006, Japan
-  H. Si and S. Midoriakwa, “New attenuation relationships for peak ground acceleration and velocigy considering effects of fault type and site condition,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering (Transactions of AIJ). Vol.523, pp. 63-70, 1999 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  T. Kanno, A. Narita, N. Morikawa, H. Fujiwara, and Y. Fukushima, “A new attenuation relation for strong ground motion in Japan based on recorded data,” Bulletin of Seismological Society of America, Vol.96, pp. 879-897, 2006.
-  Y. Yamanaka, “EIC seismological notes,” 2004,
http://www.eri.utokyo.ac.jp/sanchu/Seismo_Note/index-e.html [accessed April 15, 2013]
-  K. Hikima and K. Koketsu, “Rupture processes of the 2004 Chuetsu (mid-Niigata prefecture) earthquake, Japan: a series of events in a complex fault system,” Geophysical Research Letters, Vol.32, L18303, 2005.
-  Geographical Survey Institute, “The mid Niigata prefecture earthquakes in 2004: Report index,” 2004, http://cais.gis.go.jp/Research/topics/topic041023/topic_041023.html
-  Subcommittee for Evaluation of Strong Ground Motion, Earthquake Research Committee, “On verification of the strong ground mottion evaluation method based on records of the 2005 west off Fukuoka earthquake,” 2008 (in Japanese).
-  S. Aoi and H. Sekiguchi, “Earthquakes during which K-NET and/or KiK-net observed JMA seismic intensity of 5+ or large,” 2007 (in Japanese),
http://www.kyoshin/bosai.go.jp/cgi-bin/kyoshin/bigeqs/index.cgi [accessed April 15, 2013]
-  S. Aoi, H. Sekiguchi, N.Morikawa, and T. Kunugi, “Source process of the 2007 Niigata-ken Chuetsu-oki earthquake derived from nearfault strong motion data,” Earth Planets Space, Vol.60, pp. 1131-1135, 2008.
-  Y. Yamanaka, “NGY seismological notes,” 2008 (in Japanese),
http://www.seis.nagoya-u.ac.jp/sanchu/Seismo_Note [accessed April 15, 2013]
-  W. Suzuki, S. Aoi, and H. Sekiguchi, “Rupture process of the 2008 Iwate-Miyagi Nairiku, Japan, earthquake derived from near-source strong motion records,” Bulletin of Seismological Society of America, Vol.100, pp. 256-266, 2010.
-  W. Suzuki, S. Aoi, and H. Sekiguchi, “Rupture process of the 2008 northern Iwate intraslab earthquake derived from strong-motion records, Bulletin of Seismological Society of America, Vol.99, pp. 2825-2835, 2009.
-  S. Aoi, B. Enescu, W. Suzuki, Y. Asano, K. Obara, T. Kunugi, and K. Shiomi, “Stress transfer in the Tokai subduction zone from the 2009 Suruga bay earthquake in Japan,” Nature Geoscience, Vol.3, doi:10.1038/NGEO885, 2010.
-  Japan Meteorological Agency, “Results of source process analysis of remarkable earthquake occurred in and around Japan,” 2011 (in Japanese),
http://www.seisvol.kishou.go.jp/eq/sourceprocess/index.html [accessed April 15, 2013]
-  Earthquake Research Committee, “evaluation of the 2011 Tohokuoki earthquake,” 2011 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Fukushima, “Scaling relations for strong ground motion prediction models with M2 terms,” Bulletin of the Seicmological Society of America, Vol.86, pp. 329-336, 1996.
-  Y. Fukushima and T. Tanaka, “A new attenuation relation for peak horizontal acceleration of strong motion in Japan,” Bulletin of Seismological Society of America, Vol.86, pp. 329-336, 1990.
-  Y. Fukushima, C. Berge-Thierry, P. Volant, D. A. Griot-Pommera, and F. Cotton, “Attenuation relation for West Eurasia determined with recent near-fault records from Clifornia, Japan and Turkey,” Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 1-26, 2003.
-  H. Fujiwara, S. Kawai, S. Aoi, N. Morikawa, S. Senna, N. Kudo, M. Ooi, K.-X. Hao, Y. Hayakawa, N. Toyama, H. Matsuyama, K. Iwamoto, H. Suzuki, and E. Ryu, “A strudy on subsurface structure model for deep sedimentary layers of Japan for strong-motion evaluation,” Technical Note of the National Research Institute for Earch Science and Disaster Prevention, No.337, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  D. M. Boore and G. M. Atkinson, “Ground-motion prediction equations for the average horizontal component of PGA, PGV, and 5%-damped PSA at spectral periods between 0.01 s and 10.0 s,” Earthquake Spectra, Vol.24, pp. 99-138, 2008.
-  W. B. Joyner and T. E. Fumal, “Use of measured shear-wave velocity for predicting geologic site effects on strong ground motion,” Proceedings of 8th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vol.2, pp. 777-783, 1984.
-  M. Matsuoka and K. Wakamatsu, “Site amplification capability map based on the 7.5-arc-second Japan engineering geomorphologic classification map,” National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Intellectural property management, No.H20PRO-936, 2008.
-  N. Morikawa, T. Kanno, A. Narita, H. Fujiwara, and Y. Fukushima, “Additional Correction Terms for Attenuation Relations of Peak Amplitdes and Response Spectra Corresponding to the Anomalous Seismic Intensity in Northeastern Japan,” Journal of Japan Earthquake Engineering Society, Vol.6, No.1, pp. 23-41, 2006 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  N. Morikawa, T. Kanno, A. Narita, H. Fujiwara, and Y. Fukushima, “Additional correction terms for atteunation relations correspoinding to the anomalous seismic intensity in southwest Japan,,” Programme and Abstracts of Seismological Society of Japan, 2006.
-  T. Maeda and T. Sasatani, “Effects of the anomalous upper mantle structure on strong ground motion,” Geophysical Bulletin of Hokkaido Unversity, No.64, pp. 91-113, 2001 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  K. Fujimoto and S. Midorikawa, “Relationship between average shear-wave velocity and site amplification inferred from storong motion records at nearby station pairs,” Journal of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, Vol.6, No.1, pp. 11-22, 2006 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  S. Ohno, “Strong-motion observation records during the 2011 Tohoku earthquake,” The 39th Symposium of Earthquake Ground Motion (2011), pp. 13-20, 2011 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  N. Morikawa, T. Kanno, A. Narita, H. Fujiwara, and Y. Fukushima “A New Attenuation Relation of Seismic Intensity for Japan Based on Recent Strong-Motion Records,” Geophyisical Bulletin of Hokkaido University, No.73, pp. 149-158, 2010 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.