An Elderly Monitoring System Based on Multiple Ultra-Sensitive Vibration and Pneumatic Sensors
Shuai Shao, Kouhei Yamamoto, and Naoyuki Kubota
Graduate School of Systems Design, Tokyo Metropolitan University
6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
-  Cabinet Office, “Aged Society White Paper, Whole Edition,” https://www8.cao.go.jp/kourei/whitepaper/w-2019/html/zenbun/index.html (in Japanese) [accessed March 1, 2021]
-  Cabinet Office, “Results of Awareness Survey on Elderly People Living Alone,” 2002, https://www8.cao.go.jp/kourei/ishiki/h14_kiso/html/0-1.html [accessed March 1, 2021]
-  M. Al-Khafajiy et al., “Remote health monitoring of elderly through wearable sensors,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol.78, No.17, pp. 24681-24706, 2019.
-  F. Harrou et al., “Vision-based fall detection system for improving safety of elderly people,” IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Magazine, Vol.20, No.6, pp. 49-55, 2017.
-  K. C. Tseng, C.-L. Hsu, and Y.-H. Chuang, “Designing an intelligent health monitoring system and exploring user acceptance for the elderly,” J. of Medical Systems, Vol.37, No.6, pp. 1-18, 2013.
-  R. Steele et al., “Elderly persons’ perception and acceptance of using wireless sensor networks to assist healthcare,” Int. J. of Medical Informatics, Vol.78, No.12, pp. 788-801, 2009.
-  K. Kim, A. Jalal, and M. Mahmood, “Vision-based human activity recognition system using depth silhouettes: A smart home system for monitoring the residents,” J. of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol.14, No.6, pp. 2567-2573, 2019.
-  Y.-S. Hong, “Smart care beds for elderly patients with impaired mobility,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 1780904, 2018.
-  S. Misaki, K. Umakoshi, T. Matsui, H. Choi, M. Fujimoto, and K. Yasumoto, “Non-Contact In-Home Activity Recognition System Utilizing Doppler Sensors,” Adjunct Proc. of the 2021 Int. Conf. on Distributed Computing and Networking (ICDCN’21), pp. 169-174, 2021.
-  T. Obo et al., “A fuzzy spiking neural network using optical oscillosensor and pneumatic sensor for human state estimation,” 2010 World Automation Congress, pp. 1-6, 2010.
-  mircon, Monitoring Body Movement and Condition, http://www.new-sensor.com/products/mircon1.pdf (in Japanese) [accessed November 1, 2013]
-  S. Shao, N. Kubota, K. Hotta, and T. Sawayama, “Behavior Estimation Based on Multiple Vibration Sensor for Elderly Monitoring System,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Inform., Vol.25, No.4, 2021.
-  M. Satomi, H. Masuta, and N. Kubota, “Hierarchical growing neural gas for information structured space,” 2009 IEEE Workshop on Robotic Intelligence in Informationally Structured Space, pp. 54-59, 2009.
-  N. K. Suryadevara and S. C. Mukhopadhyay, “Wireless Sensor Network Based Home Monitoring System for Wellness Determination of Elderly,” IEEE Sensors J., Vol.12, No.6, pp. 1965-1972, 2012.
-  R. Gorrepotu et al., “Sub-1GHz miniature wireless sensor node for IoT applications,” Internet of Things, Vols.1-2, pp. 27-39, 2018.
-  D. Tang, Y. Yoshihara, T. Obo, T. Takeda, J. Botzheim, and N. Kubota, “Social rhythm management support system based on Informationally Structured Space,” 2016 9th Int. Conf. on Human System Interactions (HSI), pp. 429-434, 2016.
-  T. Obo, N. Kubota, and B. Lee, “Localization of human in informationally structured space based on sensor networks,” Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2021), pp. 1-7, 2010.
-  A. Getis, “Spatial autocorrelation,” M. M. Fischer and A. Getis (Eds.), “Handbook of applied spatial analysis,” pp. 255-278, Springer, 2010.
-  A. Martini, A. Rivola, and M. Troncossi, “Autocorrelation analysis of vibro-acoustic signals measured in a test field for water leak detection,” Applied Sciences, Vol.8, No.12, p. 2450, 2018.
-  Y. Xu et al., “Autocorrelated Envelopes for early fault detection of rolling bearings,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol.146, 106990, 2021.
-  A. Hagiwara et al., “Validity and Reliability of the Physical Activity Scale for the Elderly (PASE) in Japanese Elderly People,” Geriatrics & Gerontology Int., Vol.8, No.3, pp. 143-151, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.