Pruned Fast Learning Fuzzy Approach for Data-Driven Traffic Flow Prediction
Chengdong Li*, Yisheng Lv**, Jianqiang Yi**, and Guiqing Zhang*
*School of Information and Electrical Engineering, Shandong Jianzhu University
Jinan 250101, China
**Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Beijing 100190, China
-  E. I. Vlahogianni, M. G. Karlaftis, and J. C. Golias, “Short-term traffic forecasting: Where we are and where we are going,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol.43, pp. 3-19, 2014.
-  C. Chen, Y. Wang, L. Li, J. Hu, and Z. Zhang, “The retrieval of intra-day trend and its influence on traffic prediction,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging technologies, Vol.22, pp. 103-118, 2012.
-  M. M. Hamed, H. R. Al-Masaeid, and Z. M. B. Said, “Short-term prediction of traffic volume in urban arterials,” J. of Transportation Engineering, Vol.121, No.3, pp. 249-254, 1995.
-  M. Van Der Voort, M. Dougherty, and S. Watson, “Combining Kohonen maps with ARIMA time series models to forecast traffic flow,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol.4, No.5, pp. 307-318, 1996.
-  B. Williams, “Multivariate vehicular traffic flow prediction: evaluation of ARIMAX modeling,” Transportation Research Record: J. of the Transportation Research Board, Vol.1776, pp. 194-200, 2001.
-  B. M. Williams and L. A. Hoel, “Modeling and forecasting vehicular traffic flow as a seasonal ARIMA process: Theoretical basis and empirical results,” J. of Transportation Engineering, Vol.129, No.6, pp. 664-672, 2003.
-  S. Lee and D. Fambro, “Application of subset autoregressive integrated moving average model for short-term freeway traffic volume forecasting,” Transportation Research Record: J. of the Transportation Research Board, Vol.1678, pp. 179-188, 1999.
-  F. Moretti, S. Pizzuti, S. Panzieri, and M. Annunziato, “Urban traffic flow forecasting through statistical and neural network bagging ensemble hybrid modeling,” Neurocomputing, Vol.167, pp. 3-7, 2015.
-  E. I. Vlahogianni, M. G. Karlaftis, and J. C. Golias, “Optimized and meta-optimized neural networks for short-term traffic flow prediction: a genetic approach,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol.13, No.3, pp. 211-234, 2005.
-  K. Y. Chan, T. S. Dillon, J. Singh, and E. Chang, “Neural-network-based models for short-term traffic flow forecasting using a hybrid exponential smoothing and Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm,” IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 644-654, 2012.
-  P. Dell’Acqua, F. Bellotti, R. Berta, and A. De Gloria, “Time-aware multivariate nearest neighbor regression methods for traffic flow prediction,” IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol.16, No.6, pp. 3393-3402, 2015.
-  W. C. Hong, “Traffic flow forecasting by seasonal SVR with chaotic simulated annealing algorithm,” Neurocomputing, Vol.74, No.12, pp. 2096-2107, 2011.
-  W. C. Hong, Y. Dong, F. Zheng, and S. Y. Wei, “Hybrid evolutionary algorithms in a SVR traffic flow forecasting model,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol.217, No.15, pp. 6733-6747, 2011.
-  W. C. Hong, Y. Dong, F. Zheng, and C. Y. Lai, “Forecasting urban traffic flow by SVR with continuous ACO,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol.35, No.3, pp. 1282-1291, 2011.
-  Y. Lv, Y. Duan, W. Kang, Z. Li, and F. Y. Wang, “Traffic flow prediction with big data: A deep learning approach,” IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 865-873, 2015.
-  L. Dimitriou, T. Tsekeris, and A. Stathopoulos, “Adaptive hybrid fuzzy rule-based system approach for modeling and predicting urban traffic flow,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol.16, No.5, pp. 554-573, 2008.
-  H. Yin, S. Wong, J. Xu, and C. K. Wong, “Urban traffic flow prediction using a fuzzy-neural approach,” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 85-98, 2002.
-  L. I. Rui, J. Y. Chen, Y. J. Liu, and Z. K. Wang, “WPANFIS: combine fuzzy neural network with multiresolution for network traffic prediction,” The J. of China Universities of Posts and Telecommunications, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 88-93, 2010.
-  J. Abdi, B. Moshiri, B. Abdulhai, and A. K. Sedigh, “Forecasting of short-term traffic-flow based on improved neurofuzzy models via emotional temporal difference learning algorithm,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 25, No.5, pp. 1022-1042, 2012.
-  M. C. Tan, S. C. Wong, J. M. Xu, Z. R. Guan, and P. Zhang, “An aggregation approach to short-term traffic flow prediction,” IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 60-69, 2009.
-  L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets,” Information and Control, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 338-353, 1965.
-  L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy logic - a personal perspective,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.281, pp. 4-20, 2015.
-  W. Pedrycz and H. Izakian, “Cluster-centric fuzzy modeling,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 1585-1597, 2014.
-  C. Li, J. Yi, and G. Zhang, “On the monotonicity of interval type-2 fuzzy logic systems,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.22, No.5, pp. 1197-1212, 2014.
-  G. B. Huang, Q. Y. Zhu, and C. K. Siew, “Extreme learning machine: theory and applications,” Neurocomputing, Vol.70, No.1, pp. 489-501, 2006.
-  G. B. Huang, H. Zhou, X. Ding, and R. Zhang, “Extreme learning machine for regression and multiclass classification,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, Vol.42, No.2, pp. 513-529, 2012.
-  G. B. Huang and L. Chen, “Convex incremental extreme learning machine,” Neurocomputing, Vol.70, No.16, pp. 3056-3062, 2007.
-  G. B. Huang, X. Ding, and H. Zhou, “Optimization method based extreme learning machine for classification,” Neurocomputing, Vol.74, No.1, pp. 155-163, 2010.
-  Z. L. Sun, K. F. Au, and T. M. Choi, “A neuro-fuzzy inference system through integration of fuzzy logic and extreme learning machines,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, Vol.37, No.5, pp. 1321-1331, 2007.
-  H. J. Rong, G. B. Huang, N. Sundararajan, and P. Saratchandran, “Online sequential fuzzy extreme learning machine for function approximation and classification problems,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, Vol.39, No.4, pp. 1067-1072, 2009.
-  S. O. Olatunji, A. Selamat, and A. Abdulraheem, “A hybrid model through the fusion of type-2 fuzzy logic systems and extreme learning machines for modelling permeability prediction,” Information Fusion, Vol.16, pp. 29-45, 2014.
-  Z. Deng, K. S. Choi, L. Cao, and S. Wang, “T2fela: type-2 fuzzy extreme learning algorithm for fast training of interval type-2 TSK fuzzy logic system,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, Vol.25, No.4, pp. 664-676, 2014.
-  J. S. R. Jang, “ANFIS: adaptive-network-based fuzzy inference system,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 665-685, 1993.
-  Y. H. Joo, H. S. Hwang, K. B. Kim, and K. B. Woo, “Fuzzy system modeling by fuzzy partition and GA hybrid schemes,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.86, No.3, pp. 279-288, 1997.
-  J. Yao, M. Dash, S. T. Tan, and H. Liu, “Entropy-based fuzzy clustering and fuzzy modeling,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.113, No.3, pp. 381-388, 2000.
-  G. H. Golub and C. F. Van Loan, “Matrix Computations (4th Edition),” Maryland, The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2013.
-  G. Quintana-Orti, E. S. Quintana-Orti, and A. Petitet, “Efficient solution of the rank-deficient linear least squares problem,” SIAM J. on Scientific Computing, Vol.20, No.3, pp. 1155-1163, 1998.
-  V N. Vapnik, “Statistical Learning Theory,” New York, Wiley, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.