Asset Structure and Solvency of Insurance Companies in China with Path Identification Model
Bing Xu, Lingling Pan, and Jingwen Yang
Research Institute of Econometrics and Statistics, Zhejiang Gongshang University
18 XueZheng Road, Xiasha University Town, Hangzhou 310018, China
-  C. Campagne, “Minimum Standard of Solvency for Insurance Firms-Report of the Ad Hoc Working Party on Minimum Standards of Solvency,” OEEC, TP/AS, 1961.
-  B. Li, Y. Zhang, and J. Wang, “Study on minimum capital requirement for general insurance,” Insurance Studies, No. 3, pp. 47-54, 2013.
-  J. S. Trieschmann and G. E. Pinches, “A multivariate model for predicting financially distressed P-L insurers,” J. of Risk and Insurance, pp. 327-338, 1973.
-  S. E. Harrington, and J. M. Nelson, “A regression-based methodology for solvency surveillance in the property-liability insurance industry,” The J. of Risk and Insurance, Vol.53, No.4, pp. 583-605, 1986.
-  J. D. Cummins and D. W. Sommer, “Capital and risk in property-liability insurance markets,” J. of Banking & Finance, Vol.20, No.6, pp. 1069-1092, 1996.
-  C. Lu, X. Zhou and J. Yang, “A positive research on china insurance company insolvency,” J. of Finance and Economics, No. 10, pp. 80-91, 2006.
-  P. L. Brockett, W. Cooper, L. Golden, and U. Pitaktong, “A neural network method for obtaining an early warning of insurer insolvency,” J. of Risk and Insurance, Vol.61, No.3, pp. 402-424, 1994.
-  S. H. Hsiao and T. J. Whang, “A study of financial insolvency prediction model for life insurers,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.36, No.3, pp. 6100-6107, 2009.
-  I. Albarran, J. Marin, and P. Alonso, “Why using a general model in Solvency II is not a good idea:An explanation from a Bayesian point of view,” Statistics and Econometrics Series, Vol.29, pp. 11-37, 2011.
-  M. F. Grace, S. E. Harrington, and R. Klein, “Risk-based capital and solvency screening in property-liability insurance: hypotheses and empirical test,” J. of Risk and Insurance, Vol.65, No.2, pp. 213-243, 1998.
-  J. Wang, X. Ma and J. Chen, “Theory on strengthening the solvency supervision of the insurance,” Insurance Studies, No.8. pp. 1115-1118, 1998.
-  F. Su and Z. Yu, “Design of the actual assets recognition ratio of the insurance company,” Shanghai Finance, No.5, pp. 34-36, 2001.
-  M. Eling, H. Schmeiser, and J.Schmit, “The Solvency II process: Overview and critical analysis,” Risk Management and Insurance Review, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 69-85, 2007.
-  J. D. Cummins, S. E. Harrington, and R. Klein, “Insolvency experience, risk based capital and prompt corrective action in property-liability insurance,” J. of Banking & Finance, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 511-527, 1995.
-  S. W. Pottier and D. W. Sommer, “Life insurer risk-based capital measures,” J. of Insurance Regulation, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 179-196, 1997.
-  T. Du, “An empirical analysis based on dynamic financial analysis on the profitability of China’s general insurance industry,” Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.