How Does High Frequency Risk Hedge Activity Have an Affect on Underlying Market?: Analysis by Artificial Market Model
Saki Kawakubo*, Kiyoshi Izumi*,**, and Shinobu Yoshimura*
*School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8654, Japan
**CREST, Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST), 5-3 Yonbanchou, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8666, Japan
-  Y. Uno, “The relationship between futures market and underlying market in Japan: Does futures market takes a lead over underlying market?,” Bank of Japan Review, 2013 (in Japanese).
-  V. Darley and A. V Outkin, “A Nasdaq Market Simulation Insights on a Major Market from the Science of Complex Adaptive Systems,” World Scientific, 2007.
-  F. Black and M. S. Scholes, “The pricing of options and corporate liabilities,” J. of Political Economy, Vol.81, pp. 673-654, 1973.
-  R. Frey, “Market Illiquidity as a Source of Model Risk,” in Dynamic Hedging in R. Gibson (ed.), Model Risk (RISK Publications, London), 2000.
-  N. D. Pearson, A. M. Poteshman, and J. White, “Does option trading have a pervasive impact on underlying stock prices?,” Working paper, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2007.
-  O. Baqueiro Espinosa,W. van der Hoek and P.McBurney, “The performance of op-tion-trading software agents: initial results,” Artificial Markets Modeling: Methods and Ap-plications, Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems, Vol.599, pp. 113-125, 2007.
-  S. Ecca, M. Marchesi, and A. Setzu, “Modeling and Simulation of an Artificial Stock Option Market,” Computational Economics, Vol.32, No.1-2, pp. 37-53, 2008.
-  C.Wang, K. Izumi, T. Mizuta, and S. Yoshimura, “Investigating the Impact of Market Maker Strategies: a Multi-agent Simulation Approach,” Proc. of 4th World Congress on Social Simulation, 2012.
-  B. Frijns, T. Lehnert, and R. C. J. Zwinekls, “Behavioral heterogeneity in the option market,” J. of Economic Dynamics & Control, Vol.34, pp. 2273-2287, 2010.
-  C. Chiarella, G. Iori, and J. Perell, “The Impact of Heterogeneous Trading Rules on the Limit Order Book and Order Flows,” J. of Economic Dynamics and Control, Vol.33, No.525, pp. 525-37, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.