Performance Analysis for First-Order Configuration Prediction for Redundant Manipulators Based on Avoidance Manipulability
Akira Yanou, Yang Hou, Mamoru Minami,
and Yosuke Kobayashi
Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, 3-1-1 Tsushimanaka, Kitaku, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
This paper explores a performance of first-order configuration prediction for redundant manipulators based on avoidance manipulability in order to achieve an on-line control of trajectory tracking and obstacle avoidance for redundant manipulators. In the trajectory tracking process, manipulator is required to keep a configuration with maximal avoidance manipulability in real time. Predictive control in this paper uses manipulators’ future configurations to control current configuration aiming at completing tasks of trajectory tracking and obstacle avoidance on-line and simultaneously with higher avoidance manipulability. We compare Multi-Preview Control with predictive control using redundant manipulator, and show the results through simulations. The effectiveness of predictive control using first-order configuration prediction is also validated in the case of not only straight target trajectory but also curve target trajectory. In addition, an influence of measurement noise on manipulator’s joint angle is newly considered.
-  T. Zhang, “Real-Time Configuration Control System for Redundant Manipulators and Analysis of Avoidance Space,” A thesis for the degree of doctor of engineering, University of Fukui, 2009.
-  R. S. Jamisola Jr., A. A. Maciejewski, and R. G. Roberts, “Failure-Tolerant Path Planning for Kinematically Redundant Manipulators Anticipating Locked-Joint Failures,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.22, No.4, pp. 603-612, 2006.
-  H. Suzuki and M. Minami, “Visual Servoing to catch fish Using Global/local GA Search,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 352-357, 2005.
-  Y. Hou, A. Yanou, M. Minami, Y. Kobayashi, and S. Okazaki, “Predictive Control of Redundant Manipulators based on Avoidance Manipulability,” Proc. of the 21th Intelligent System Symp. (FAN2011), 2011.
-  Y. Hou, A. Yanou, M. Minami, Y. Kobayashi, and S. Okazaki, “Analysis for Configuration Prediction of Redundant Manipulators based on AvoidanceManipulability,” Proc. of the 29th Annual Conf. of the Robotics Society of Japan (RSJ2011), 2011.
-  Y. Hou, A. Yanou, M. Minami, Y. Kobayashi, and S. Okazaki, “Performance of First-order Configuration Prediction for Redundant Manipulators based on Avoidance Manipulability,” Proc. of SCIS-ISIS2012, pp. 203-209, 2012.
-  H. Tanaka, M. Minami, and Y. Mae, “Trajectory Tracking of Redundant Manipulators Based on Avoidance Manipulability Shape Index,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1892-1897, 2005.
-  T. Yoshikawa, “Foundations of Robot Control,” CORONA PUBLISHING CO., LTD., 1988.
-  J. M. Ahuactzin and K. K. Gupta, “The Kinematic Roadmap: A Motion Planning Based Global Approach for Inverse Kinematics of Redundant Robots,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 653-669, 1999.
-  L. Zlajpah and B. Nemec, “Kinematic Control Algorithms for Online Obstacle Avoidance for Redundant Manipulator,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1898-1903, 2002.
-  H. Seraji and B. Bon, “Real-Time Collsion Avoidance for Position-Controlled Manipulators,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 670-677, 1999.
-  M.Minami, Y. Nomura, and T. Asakura, “Avoidance Manipulability for Redundant Manipulators,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.17, No.6, pp. 887-895, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  B. Siciliano and J.-J. E. Slotine, “A General Framework for Managing Multiple Tasks in Highly Redundant Robotic Systems,” Proc. of the Fifth Int. Conf. on Advanced Robotics, Vol.2, pp. 1211-1216, 1991.
-  M. Minami, H. Suzuki, and J. Agbanhan, “Fish Catching by Robot Using Gazing GA Visual Servoing,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.68, No.668, pp. 1198-1206, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  K. Ikeda, H. Tanaka, T.-X. Zhang, M. Minami, and Y. Mae, “Online Optimization of Avoidance Ability for Redundant Manipulator,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 592-597, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.