Active Sampling for Constrained Clustering
Masayuki Okabe* and Seiji Yamada**
*Information and Media Center, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1-1 Tempaku, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8580, Japan
**National Institute of Informatics, SOKENDAI, 2-1-2 Chiyoda, Tokyko 101-8430, Japan
-  Z. Wu and R. Leahy, “An Optimal Graph Theoretic Approach to Data Clustering: Theory and Its Application to Image Segmentation,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.15, pp. 1101-1113, 1993.
-  L. Dey, A. Mahajan, and S. M. Haque, “Document Clustering for Event Identification and Trend Analysis in Market News,” In Proc. of the 2009 Seventh Int. Conf. on Advances in Pattern Recognition, ICAPR’09, pp. 103-106, IEEE Computer Society, 2009.
-  S. Basu, I. Davidson, and K. L.Wagstaff (Eds.), “Constrained Clustering,” CRC Press, 2008.
-  O. Chapelle, B. Scholkopf, and A. Zien, “Semi-Supervised Learning,” The MIT Press, 2006.
-  K. Wagstaff and S. Roger, “Constrained K-means Clustering with Background Knowledge,” In Proc. of the 18th Int. Conf. onMachine Learning, pp. 577-584, 2001.
-  S. C. H. Hoi, R. Jin, and M. R. Lyu, “Learning nonparametric kernel matrices from pairwise constraints,” In Proc. of the 24th Int. Conf. on Machine learning, pp. 361-368, 2007.
-  P. Jain, B. Kulis, I. S. Dhillon, and K. Grauman, “Online Metric Learning and Fast Similarity Search,” In Proc. of Neural Information Processing Systems, pp. 761-768, 2008.
-  D. Klein, S. D. Kamvar, and C. D. Manning, “From Instance-level Constraints to Space-level Constraints: Making the Most of Prior Knowledge in Data Clustering,” In Proc. of the 19th Int. Conf. on Machine Learnning, pp. 307-314, 2002.
-  Z. Li, J. Liu, and X. Tang, “Pairwise constraint propagation by semidefinite programming for semi-supervised classification,” In Proc. of the 25th Int. Conf. onMachine learning, pp. 576-583, 2008.
-  W. Tang, H. Xiong, S. Zhong, and J. Wu, “Enhancing Semi-Supervised Clustering: A Feature Projection Perspective,” In Proc. of the 13th Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 707-716, 2007.
-  Y. Liu, R. Jin, and A. K. Jain, “BoostCluster: boosting clustering by pairwise constraints,” In Proc. of the 13th ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on Knowledge discovery and data mining, KDD’07, pp. 450-459, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
-  S. Tong and D. Koller, “Support Vector Machine Active Learning with Applications to Text Classification,” J. of Machine Learning Research, Vol.2, pp. 45-66, March 2002.
-  L. Breiman and L. Breiman, “Bagging Predictors,” In Machine Learning, pp. 123-140, 1996.
-  D. Lewis and W. Gale, “A sequential algorithm for training text classifiers,” In Proc. of the 17th Annual ACM SIGIR Conf., pp. 3-12, 1994.
-  S. Basu, A. Banjeree, E. Mooney, A. Banerjee, and R. J. Mooney, “Active Semi-Supervision for Pairwise Constrained Clustering,” In In Proc. of the 2004 SIAM Int. Conf. on Data Mining (SDM-04), pp. 333-344, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.