Construction of a Molecular Learning Network
Tomohiro Shirakawa and Hiroshi Sato
Department of Computer Science, National Defense Academy of Japan, 1-10-20 Hashirimizu, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 239-8686, Japan
-  J.W. French, “Trial and error learning in paramecium,” J. Exp. Psycol., Vol.26, pp. 609-613, 1940.
-  T. M. Hennessey, W. B. Rucker, and C. G. McDiarmid, “Classical conditioning in paramecia,” Anim. Learn Behav., Vol.7, pp. 417-423, 1979.
-  N. Gandhi, G. Ashkenasy, and E. Tannenbaum, “Associative learning in biochemical networks,” J. Theor. Biol., Vol.249, pp. 58-66, 2000.
-  C. T. Fernando, A. M. L. Liekens, L. E. H. Bingle, C. Beck, T. Lenser, D. J. Stekel, and J. E. Rowe, “Molecular circuits for associative learning in single-celled organisms,” J. R. Soc. Interface, Vol.6, pp. 463-469, 2008.
-  M. O. Magnasco, “Chemical kinetics is Turing universal,” Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol.78, pp. 1190-1193, 1997.
-  T. Nakagaki, H. Yamada, and Á. Tóth, “Maze-solving by an amoeboid organism,” Nature, Vol.407, p. 470, 2000.
-  T. Nakagaki, H. Yamada, and M. Hara, “Smart network solutions in an amoeboid organism,” Biophys. Chemist., Vol.107, pp. 1-5, 2003.
-  T. Shirakawa and Y.-P. Gunji, “Emergence of morphological order in the network formation of Physarum polycephalum,” Biophys. Chemist., Vol.128, pp. 253-260, 2007.
-  T. Saigusa, A. Tero, T. Nakagaki, and Y. Kuramoto, “Amoeba anticipate periodic events,” Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol.100, 018101, 2008.
-  T. Shirakawa, Y.-P. Gunji, and Y. Miyake, “An associative learning experiment using the plasmodium of Physarum plasmodium,” Nano Commun. Netw., Vol.2, pp. 99-105, 2011.
-  T. Lenser, T. Hinze, B. Ibrahim, and P. Dittrich, “Toward evolutionary network reconstruction tools for systems biology,” Proc. of the 5th European Conf. on Evolutionary Computation, machine learning and data mining in bioinformatics, pp. 132-142, April 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.