Improvement of Eye Gesture Interface
Dekun Gao, Naoaki Itakura, Tota Mizuno, and Kazuyuki Mito
Department of Informatics, Graduate School of Informatics and Engineering, The University of Electro-Communications, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
-  K. Itoh, Y. Sudoh, and T. Ifukube, “Eye Gaze Communication System for People with Severe Physical Disabilities,” Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, D-I, J83-D-I-5, pp. 495-503, 2000.
-  R. Kobayashi, A. Otake, T. Nakajima, N. Fukuhara, K. Takeda, and C. Hatsutori, “Clinical Usefulness in Patients with ALS: Introduction of the Device to Communicate in Input Method Gaze,” J. of Japanese Physical Therapy Association, Vol.28, 295, 2001.
-  H. Shimoda, Y. Nikaido, and N. Umeda, “A Prototype of Headattached Interface Device and Its Functional Evaluation,” J. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.36, No.11, pp. 972-979, 2000.
-  H. Shimoda, Y. Nikaido, and N. Umeda, “Study of Eye-gaze Input Interface Configuration by Eye-Sensing HMD,” Human Interface Society 2000, pp. 239-242, 2000.
-  T. E. Hutchinson, K. P. White Jr., W. N. Martin, K. C. Reichert, and L. A. Frey, “Human-computer Interaction Using Eye-gaze Input,” IEEE Trans. on System, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.19, No.6, pp. 1527-1533, 1989.
-  P. Thoumie, J. R. Charlier, M. Alecki, D. D’Erceville, A. Heurtin, J. F.Mathe, G. Nadeau, and L.Wiart, “Clinical and functional evaluation of a gaze controlled system for the severely handicapped,” Spinal Cord, Vol.36, No.2, pp. 104-109, 1998.
-  M. Betke, J. Gips, and P. Fleming, “The Camera Mouse: Visual Tracking of Body Features to Provide Computer Access for People with Severe Disabilities,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 1-10, 2002.
-  K. Tanaka and K. Fukui, “A User Interface via Agent-Based Interaction Using Gaze Input,” Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, D-II, Vol.J85-D-II, No.9, pp. 1464-1472, 2002.
-  B. Noureddin, P. D. Lawrence, and C. F. Man, “A non-contact device for tracking gaze in a human computer interface,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.98, pp. 52-82, 2005.
-  T. Yonezawa, K. Ogata, K. Matsumoto, and S. Hirase, “A Study on Reducing the Detection Errors of the Center of the Iris for an Eye-Gaze Interface System,” IEEJ Trans. on Electronics, Information and Systems, Vol.130, No.3, pp. 442-449, 2010.
-  N. Itakura, T. Ota, and K. Sakamoto, “Investigation for Calculation Method of Eye-Gaze Shift from Electro-Oculograph Amplified by AC Coupling with Using Eye-Gaze Input Interface,” The IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems (Japanese edition), Vol.J90-D, No.10, pp. 2903-2913, 2007.
-  N. Itakura, T. Ota, and Y. Shimizu, “Eye-gaze input interface with head mounted display and electro-oculograph amplified by AC coupling,” Human interface, The Trans. of Human Interface Society, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 75-84, 2007.
-  K. Sakamoto and N. Itakura, “Multi Selection Type Eye-Gaze Input Interface Using Eye Movement of Diagonal Direction with EOG Amplified by AC Coupling,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems D, Vol.J92-D, No.2, pp. 189-198, 2009.
-  N. Itakura and K. Sakamoto, “A new method for calculating eye movement displacement from AC coupled electro-oculographic signals in head mounted eye-gaze input interfaces,” Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, Vol.5, pp. 142-146, 2010.
-  J. Gips and C. P. Olivieri, “EagleEyes: An Eye Control System for Persons with Disabilities,” 11th Int. Conf. Tech. Persons Disabilities, 1996.
-  J. J. Tecce, J. Gips, C. P. Olivieri, L. J. Pok, and M. R. Consiglio, “Eye movement control of computer functions,” Int. J. Psychophysiol., Vol.29, No.3, pp. 319-325, 1998.
-  R. Barea, L. Boquete, M. Mazo, and E. Lopez, “System for Assisted Mobility Using Eye Movements Based on Electrooculography,” IEEE Trans. Rehab. Eng., Vol.10, No.4, pp. 209-217, 2002.
-  R. Barea, L. Boquete, M. Mazo, and E. Lopez, “Wheelchair Guidance Strategies Using EOG,” J. of Intelligent and Pobotic Systems, Vol.34, pp. 279-299, 2002.
-  J. J. Tecce, L. J. Pok, M. R. Consiglio, and J. L. O’Neil, “Attention impairment in electrooculography control of computer functions,” Int. J. Psychophysiol., Vol.55, No.2, pp. 159-163, 2005.
-  S. Kanoh, R. Futami, T. Yoshinobu and N. Hoshimiya, “Method of Menu Selection by Gaze Movement Using AC EOG Signals,” The Trans. of the Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, A publication of Electronics, Information and System Society, Vol.129-C, No.10, pp. 1822-1827, 2009.
-  Andreas Bulling et al., “Wearable EOG goggles: eye-based interaction in everyday environments,” Proc. of CHI2009, pp. 3259-3264.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.