Acquisition of Dispatching Rules for Job-Shop Scheduling Problem by Artificial Neural Networks Using PSO
Yasumasa Tamura*, Masahito Yamamoto*, Ikuo Suzuki**,
and Masashi Furukawa***
*Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, North 14, West 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0814, Japan
**Department of Computer Science, Kitami Institute of Technology
***Department of System and Informatics, Faculty of Business Administration and Information Science, Hokkaido Information University
-  R. W. Conway, W. L. Maxwell, and L. W. Miller, “Theory of scheduling,” Courier Dover Publications, 2003.
-  S. French, “Sequencing and scheduling: an introduction to the mathematics of the job-shop,” Chichester: Ellis Horwood, 1982.
-  E. G. Coffman and J. L. Bruno, “Computer and jobshop scheduling theory,” John Wiley & Sons, 1976.
-  M. Zweben and M. Fox, “Intelligent Scheduling,” Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., 1994.
-  E. Ignall and L. Schrage, “Application of the branch and bound technique to some flow-shop scheduling problems,” Operations research, Vol.13, No.3, pp. 400-412, 1965.
-  M. R. Garey, D. S. Johnson, and R. Sethi, “The complexity of flowshop and jobshop scheduling,” Mathematics of operations research, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 117-129, 1976.
-  M. R. Garey and D. S. Johonson, “Computers and Intractability – A Guide to the Theory of NPCompleteness,” Freeman and Company, 1979.
-  J. Adams, E. Balas, and D. Zawack, “The shifting bottleneck procedure for job shop scheduling,” Management science, Vol.34, No.3, pp. 391-401, 1988.
-  A. El-Bouri and P. Shah, “A neural network for dispatching rule selection in job shop,” The Int. J. of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.37, Issue 3, pp. 342-349, 2006.
-  E. Toru, F. Oba, and S. Toyooka, “Dynamic Job Shop Scheduling Using A Neural Network,” Initiatives of Precision Engineering at the Beginning of a Millennium, Springer US, pp. 862-866, 2002.
-  A. H. G. R. Kan, “Machine Scheduling Problems: Classification, Complexity and Computations,” Stenfert Kroese, 1976.
-  B. Giffler and G. L. Thomposon, “Algorithms for Solving Production Scheduling Problems,” Operation Research, Vol.8, No.4, pp. 487-503, 1960.
-  J. H. Holland, “Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems,” MIT Press, 1992.
-  H. G. Beyer and H. P. Schwefel, “Evolution Strategies – A comprehensive introduction,” Natural Computing, Vol.1, Issue 1, pp. 3-52, 2002.
-  J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Neural Networks, Vol.4, pp. 1942-1948, 1995.
-  J. Yu, S.Wang, and L. Xi, “Evolving artificial neural networks using an improved PSO and DPSO,” Neurocomputing, Vol.71, Issue 4, pp. 1054-1060, 2008.
-  D. Applegate and W. Cook, “A Computational Study of the Job-Shop Scheduling Problem,” ORSA J. on Computing, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 149-156, 1991.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.