Tailor-Made Plate Design and Manufacturing System for Treating Bone Fractures in Small Animals
Akio Doi*1, Hiroki Takahashi*1, Bunei Syuto*2,
Masaaki Katayama*3, Hiroyuki Nagashima*4,
and Masahiro Okumura*5
*1Advanced Visualization Laboratory, Iwate Prefectural University, 152-52 Sugo, Takizawa-mura, Iwate-gun, Iwate 020-0173, Japan
*2Iwate University, 3-18-3 Ueda, Morioka-shi, Iwate 020-8550, Japan
*3Animal Hospital, Iwate University, 3-18-3 Ueda, Morioka-shi, Iwate 020-8550, Japan
*4Iwate Industrial Research Institute, 2-4-25 Kitaiioka, Morioka-shi, Iwate 020-0857, Japan
*5Department of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita 18, Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0818, Japan
-  O. Harrysson, Y. Hosni, and J. Nayfeh, “Custom-designed orthopedic implants evaluated using finite element analysis of patientspecific computed tomography data: femoral-component case study,” BMC Musculoskelet Disorders, Vol.8, No.91, pp. 1-10, 2007.
-  J. Davis and J. Bono, “Surgical strategies to achieve a custom-fit TKA with standard implant technique,” J. of Orthopaedic, Vol.33, No.8, pp. 569-576, 2010.
-  S. Choi, J. Lee, K. Igawa, O. Sugimoto, S. Suzuki, M. Mochizuki, R. Nishimura, U. Chung, and N. Sasaki, “Bone regeneration within a tailor-made tricalcium phosphate bone implant with both horizontal and vertical cylindrical holes transplanted into the skull of dogs,” J. Artif Organs, Vol.12, No.4, pp. 274-277, 2009.
-  D. Judd, M. Pallis, E. Smith, and C. Bottoni, “Acute Operative Stabilization Versus Nonoperative Management of Clavicle Fractures,” The American Journal of Orthopedics, Vol.38, No.7, pp. 341-345. 2009.
-  M. Cronskar and M. Backstrom, “Modeling of fractured clavicles and reconstruction plates using CAD, finite element analysis and real musculoskeletal forces input,” WIT Press, BIOMED2013, pp. 235-243, 2013.
-  A. Doi, H. Takahashi, B. Shuto, M. Katayama, H. Nagashima, and M. Okumura, “Design and application of tailor-made plates for treating fractures in small animals,” IEEE iCAST 2012, 2012.
-  “Open GL Programming Guide Fifth Edition – The Official Guide to Learning OpenGL, Version 2,” Addison-Wesley Pearson Education, 2006.
-  A. Doi, T. Takahashi, T.Mawatari, and S.Mega, “Development of a volume rendering system using 3D texture compression techniques on general-purpose personal computers,” IEEE iCAST 2011, pp. 1-5, 2011.
-  A. Doi, T. Takahashi, T. Mawatari, and S. Mega, “Development of Volume Rendering System Using 3D Texture Display Techniques and Its Applications,” Medical Imaging Technology, Vol.30, No.2, pp. 83-91, 2012.
-  AMD Corp., “3D (Volume) texturing and Volume Texture compression,” ATI Radeon SDK Introduction Archive |AMD Developer Central, 2010.
-  W. Lorensen and H. Cline, “Marching cubes: A high resolution 3D surface construction algorithm,” Computer Graphics, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 163-170, 1987.
-  M. Garland and P. Heckbert, “Surface simplification using quadric error metrics,” SIGGRAPH ’97, pp. 209-216, 1997.
-  E. Onodera, Y. Li, H. Matsumoto, and A. Chiba, “Intelligent hot forging process of artificial hip joint made of Ni-free Co-29Cr-6Mo-0.12N alloy,” Steel Research International, Vol.81, pp. 362-365, 2010.
-  S. Kurosu, H. Matsumoto, A. Chiba, C. Landron, D. Fabregue, and E. Maire, “The damage process in a biomedical Co-29Cr-6Mo-0.14N alloy analyzed by X-ray tomography and electron backscattered diffraction,” SCRIPTAMATERIALIA, Vol.64, No.5, pp. 367-370, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.